Working from home

Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

ShelleyMan will become famous soon enough
Default Working from home

Hi there - I keep seeing these companies that advertise on TV saying they will set up a website for you and all you have to do is forward the orders to them, you don't have to keep inventory etc - has anyone done these and been sucessful?

I'll looking for something to do from home to make some extra money - any suggestions?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:03 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working from home

Originally Posted by ShelleyMan
Hi there - I keep seeing these companies that advertise on TV saying they will set up a website for you and all you have to do is forward the orders to them, you don't have to keep inventory etc - has anyone done these and been sucessful?

I'll looking for something to do from home to make some extra money - any suggestions?
Yes. Be very cautious. Many of the companies you describe are OC fronts - you'd be the cutout and their business model is predicated on you being left holding the baby.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

If it's such a good business opportunity, why are they paying for TV time to find takers? Scam.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If it looks too good to be true...it is.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If it looks too good to be true...it is.
You stole my post.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - I guess I knew as much.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:55 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Flee. Don't do that. It's almost always a scam where you are the recipient and you send the goods over to Russia or something, or they use your bank account as an intermediary.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

coral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nice

I've been thinking of working from home also and have been researching. I found 2 companies which seem legit and have lots of stay at home mums working for them. Both the companies are basically at home call-centres where youare a customer service agent. Anyway the money isnt bad and if you are interested I ill Private message you there names as I'm not sure I'm allowed to put them on here?

Louise
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:30 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the link that says job search.
http://legitworkathome.com/ it will request you become a member, it's a yahoo group and the owner is Stacey [email protected] her link is at the bottom of the page.

I have been a member for sometime know and she sends you emails on a frequent basis, of home based jobs in your area,I don't use her now because I have no need but still get the email alerts and like to see whats out there for friends etc..
They are all US based jobs in different states.

Good Luck
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Or join the garbage sellers ...

http://www.smcorp.com/
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Or join the garbage sellers ...

http://www.smcorp.com/
Wow!

Exotic Market Outdoor Mirror
Sell for: $89.95
Your Cost: $19.99
You Keep: $69.96
Which probably translates as:
Made in China for: $0.50
Cost to us: $0.70
We make: $19.29
You make: Knack all.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think they are all scams. I do think they are falsely advertised though. Most of the stuff on the TV you see is legit but has a low chance of you actually making money. Basically they will offer to set you up with a website that is either full of referral links or is a shopping type of site. The referral one you get money based on people clicking though to other site via yours and usually buying something. The links are for sites like Amazon, Expedia ad stuff like that. The shopping site just has a bunch of junk that is sitting in a warehouse someplace and you sell it to people via your site. You make a few dollars on each sale and the company ships it for you and takes the remainder. Both you get paid once a month if you hit a certain $ level. Do the sites work? Yes. Will you be earning $15,000 a month? No. You might be lucky and make a couple of hundred total but mostly you will pay some money upfront and never recoup it. It's not really a scam, it's just has a low chance of success unless you can really pimp it and get people using it.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
unless you can really pimp it
Now there's a work from home opportunity - prostitution! "You too could become your own pimp..."
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Click on the link that says job search.
http://legitworkathome.com/ it will request you become a member, it's a yahoo group and the owner is Stacey [email protected] her link is at the bottom of the page.

I have been a member for sometime know and she sends you emails on a frequent basis, of home based jobs in your area,I don't use her now because I have no need but still get the email alerts and like to see whats out there for friends etc..
They are all US based jobs in different states.

Good Luck
Thanks very much - will certainly sign up and see what she has to offer - thanks to everyone for their replies.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Now there's a work from home opportunity - prostitution! "You too could become your own pimp..."
Now that's not very nice - I was expecting a post with that reference. I guess you have to take the good with the bad hey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.