Wikiposts

working holiday

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 2:22 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working holiday

Originally Posted by ferrydreamer
hey your'e pretty quick, pity you didn't read the original properly, i was'nt considering working at that time, mind you it dose'nt look as if i will be now, but thanks anyway
You're right - I'm a damned sight quicker than you. Did you somehow expect that it would be easier to do a bit of work in the US to fund your camping than it would be to just get a holiday visa?

Come back next year. We'll be ready for you. Perhaps in 2010 you'd like to start your own business in the US as well as doing a few odd jobs and camping? That should be a MUCH easier visa to get!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:22 am
Just Joined

ferrydreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Pity you didn't search the forum or even have a cursory look before you lashed out.
can i get a working holiday visa for the US??

OR read the pinned posts at the top of the forum.
i did have a look around the site but was unable to find what i wanted, which was entirley my own fault. So i asked a question hoping someone might be able to help me.

i did not think i "lashed out", i replied to a post in the same tone that it was written.

regards
Tony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You're right - I'm a damned sight quicker than you. Did you somehow expect that it would be easier to do a bit of work in the US to fund your camping than it would be to just get a holiday visa?

Come back next year. We'll be ready for you. Perhaps in 2010 you'd like to start your own business in the US as well as doing a few odd jobs and camping? That should be a MUCH easier visa to get!
1) no of course not, that would be silly wouldn't it. The clue was in the title "working holiday" i already have a bit of an idea about holiday visa's, i was just enquiring about the possibilities of a working/holiday visa which apparantly does not exist.

2) i agree with you that buying a buisness would probably be another way of getting a visa, but feel you are wrong that camping and odd jobbing would improve the chances of getting one. but thanks for your input anyway
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tony, let's go back to the beginning; sorry it all got sidetracked.

you wrote:

Hi
we are hoping to take a year out in the US what are the chances of getting a holiday/work visa for a year or is it an either/or situation?

cheers
Tony
Unfortunately, it is pretty much either/or. You can look at the H-2 seasonal visa (often called the ski resort visa) but it's short term, hard work and keeps you in one location/employer.

There isn't a visa with work permission like you describe.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hey Tony, let's go back to the beginning; sorry it all got sidetracked.

you wrote:

Unfortunately, it is pretty much either/or. You can look at the H-2 seasonal visa (often called the ski resort visa) but it's short term, hard work and keeps you in one location/employer.

There isn't a visa with work permission like you describe.
Thanks for that , my original idea was to take a years RV holiday, and i then read some stuff about work camping. My concern was that i didn't screw up by earning any money or services and put my visa at risk. Maybe could have made that clearer at the start.

Cheers
Tony
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:25 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that , my original idea was to take a years RV holiday, and i then read some stuff about work camping. My concern was that i didn't screw up by earning any money or services and put my visa at risk. Maybe could have made that clearer at the start.

Cheers
Tony
As you mentioned Aussie, when I lived there you could get a 1 year student work visa if you were under 30yrs

I just remebered there was a book that you could buy in WH.Smith all about working on a Ranch in the US for students it might be worth have a look.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Aug 3rd 2009 at 9:33 am.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
As you mentioned Aussie, when I lived there you could get a 1 year student work visa if you were under 30yrs

I just remebered there was a book that you could buy in WH.Smith all about working on a Ranch in the US for students it might be worth have a look.
thanks for your help , but as a former post so eloquently pointed out , i am, alas, over thirty.

Cheers
Tony
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:52 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help , but as a former post so eloquently pointed out , i am, alas, over thirty.

Cheers
Tony
Scrap heap them its all over.