Work and travel/J1 Visa USA

Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

OTITI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work and travel/J1 Visa USA

Someone posted few time ago a question about Chaya Schronberger aka San Diego Internship aka IIUSA! I hope you did not fall in the trap!

My friends and I are graduated with MBA were looking for at least a year internship, we passed the interview with her after some ackward formulaires. She was eating and drinking face to the TV for the interview, ok if she works from her house.

She sent us some referrals who never answered back to our question when the emails were corrects.
The only one who answered was so thankful and blessing! Then we tried on!

In 6 months 2 interviews, when one of my friend got a crush for the 2nd interview, and paid the fees, IIUSA cancelled the trainee for weird reason like my friends asking to many questions about the salary/months and should already be happy to have to chance to work even for a coin in US.

Then My friend decided to withdraw from the program and she did not pay him back the fees for the training cancelled.

My story is an other one. I ran away and fine a better opportunity by myself.
Most of all after the famous news from New York Times about "Hundreds of students with J-1 travel visas protested unfair wages and work practices at a Palmyra, Pa., plant that packs Hershey's chocolates".
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work and travel/J1 Visa USA

Originally Posted by OTITI
Someone posted few time ago...
No, actually no one did... but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Ian
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, actually no one did... but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Ian
Apr 2nd 2008, 3:09 am #22
anton510
Just Joined

Re: Who can provide good internship?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know anything about CHAYA SCHONBERGER? Like, is she trustworth... anything... pls.

I know I am late but we never know that can help someone, that could have helped us months ago :-)
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

I have read this 5 times now and am still none the wiser...
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Egon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud of

I almost went with the same company (actually I even paid them an admin fee which I'm embarrassed to admit now)

After finding nothing for me, I instead found a company specializing in my industry and secured position and never spoke to the first company again.

Last I heard from them was an email a few years back asking if I would be interested in working in McDonald's on a J1. Not sure quite how they were thinking of making that work.

So yea, bad experience here, though partly through my naivety.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by captainsensible
I have read this 5 times now and am still none the wiser...
I feel like I actually know less than I did before reading this thread
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I know I am late but we never know that can help someone...
My bad... I really should have remembered an obscure post from an obscure poster 4 years ago!

... that could have helped us months ago :-)
I just read that entire thread... how could that one obscure reference possibly have helped you?

Respectfully, your second post is almost as meaningless as your first post.

Ian
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:22 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My bad... I really should have remembered an obscure post from an obscure poster 4 years ago!

I just read that entire thread... how could that one obscure reference possibly have helped you?

Respectfully, your second post is almost as meaningless as your first post.

Ian
He's saying that if he has read his own first post, before it had happened to him (it would have been written by someone else to fall foul of the trap which I still don't quite understand), then that would have helped.

So, he is posting his experiences for others - which I think is jolly decent of him. If a little confusing but I'll warrant that his English is better than my *insert language here*.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's common knowledge that you don't pay anyone to find you a visa sponsoring company up front as it'll pretty much be guaranteed to be a scam.

But for anyone else that naive, I know a Nigerian prince with a few billion dollars and needs some help to shift the money if you gave me your bank account details...
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:54 am
Just Joined

yep,sorry I tried to make it short and wrote with misunderstanding but yeppp they are many craps companies like ISD Internship San Diego which changed its name into IIUSA after many complains.

Funny part, Recently, the news -- local Pennsylvania news, the Associated Press, and even The New York Times -- has been filled with a story about foreign students who came to the USA to participate in an "exchange program," who ended up working under allegedly harsh conditions at the Hershey chocolate factory in Pennsylvania.
Then the mam answered that these trainees should have been happy to work even for nothing, they are not employees and don't have vacation( in 18months contract monday to sunday from 9am-9.30pm with only the sunday off) or any time available or paid holidays or sick leave, etc ( but a trainee can have less than 30 days unpaid off if needed dixit US Embassy)......

Then I am proud british citizen also but listen carefully what she added that except US there ain't country other than the US that enables candidates to have this opportunity for their future and pays them, even if it is a small and ridiculous salary...(then she has to update her information, yep there is within the same conditions of age and experience/degree: Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, European Union mainly with a compulsory wage for a training >3months)

She really bothers her that legal trainee expect to be paid for their work in US and yet there is no place like USA for her..... waoaouuuu what a close minded mam !!! ahahhhhhhhhhhhh made me laugh!!!
I love US and often spend my holidays over there but she should come in UK or go for volunteer experience in Africa....

Having say it, I know some are serius like Parenthese but too too expensive but good, in my mind at least 3 enterprises to avoid, sometimes you've better applied directly abroad or in US if you want to find an internship the same for a job.

Good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

I tried to make it short and wrote with misunderstanding...
... and you still are!

I am proud british citizen...
Perhaps you should learn the language then! Most of what you've written is nonsense.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:56 am
Just Joined

milipattys is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone posted few time ago a question about Chaya Schronberger aka San Diego Internship aka IIUSA! I hope you did not fall in the trap!

My friends and I are graduated with MBA were looking for at least a year internship, we passed the interview with her after some ackward formulaires. She was eating and drinking face to the TV for the interview, ok if she works from her house.

She sent us some referrals who never answered back to our question when the emails were corrects.
The only one who answered was so thankful and blessing! Then we tried on!

In 6 months 2 interviews, when one of my friend got a crush for the 2nd interview, and paid the fees, IIUSA cancelled the trainee for weird reason like my friends asking to many questions about the salary/months and should already be happy to have to chance to work even for a coin in US.

Then My friend decided to withdraw from the program and she did not pay him back the fees for the training cancelled.

My story is an other one. I ran away and fine a better opportunity by myself.
Most of all after the famous news from New York Times about "Hundreds of students with J-1 travel visas protested unfair wages and work practices at a Palmyra, Pa., plant that packs Hershey's chocolates".

hi could you please tell me more about chaya. its really important!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by milipattys
hi could you please tell me more about chaya. its really important!!
Perhaps you can explain your situation... then people will be in a better position to help you. As for Chaya, you can read it all online... and none of it seems good.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2012, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

milipattys is an unknown quantity at this point

Im from southamerica . Chaya told me that i have to pay almost 1000 to get an employee but she wants that i send the money by western union because its a small amount to sent it for the bank. Now she is sending me email telling me that i have to pay . But i dont trust to much. Was really bad ur experience with her?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milipattys
Im from southamerica . Chaya told me that i have to pay almost 1000 to get an employee but she wants that i send the money by western union because its a small amount to sent it for the bank. Now she is sending me email telling me that i have to pay . But i dont trust to much. Was really bad ur experience with her?
That's a scam.

Whenever you have to pay to be a employee, or for someone to get you a visa, it is usually a scam.

Especially when Western Union is mentioned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.