Work permit during F1

Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Cocolina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit during F1

Hello...Does anyone know when I can apply for a work permit while I'm on F1 status. I heard it's after 1 year or..does that year have to be at the same school? I did 1 semester in a community college and now I transfered to a different school for fall 2004? Will I be eligible to apply for work permit after fall 2004 semester? And what papers I need to file? How do I prove I don't have much money and I need to work more than 20 hrs a week. How much will I be able to work during vacations with that permit?

Does anyone know an average pay for jobs in universities? I wonder how much I will make for 20 hrs in such a job (an average if anyone knows).

Thank you,
Lucy
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Work permit during F1

here is a link that will answer most of your questions, using the example of University of Missouri:

http://international.missouri.edu/is...ts/employment/