Work Authorization

Old Mar 17th 2001, 3:50 am
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo

I have a friend that was on an H1 visa and recently married a US citizen. She hasn't
started the AOS process as yet, but she left her previous job and started working at
another company this past week.

The new company has not filed for a new H1 for her as yet. They are telling her there
is another visa that the company can apply for. Does anyone know what visa this may
possibly be? Is she out of status right now and what impact would this have when she
does start the marriage-based AOS process?

It was my understanding that she could only work one of two ways, if her new company
applied for a new H1, or if she started the AOS process and got an EAD. Are there
other alternatives?

Derek

Old Mar 21st 2001, 2:55 am
Moretakitty

What country is she from, could they be applying for a TN-1 for her, which is a
temporary 1 year work permit?

--
Keep smilin' Moretakitty
    >

>
    >
and
    >
    >
    >
telling
    >
know
    >
    >
    >
    >
new
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 9:49 pm
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo

TN-1 are for people from NAFTA countries. She's from the caribbean.

Derek

Moretakitty wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >^,,^<[/usenetquote2]
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have a friend that was on an H1 visa and recently married a US citizen. She[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hasn't started the AOS process as yet, but she left her previous job[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > started working at another company this past week.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The new company has not filed for a new H1 for her as yet. They are[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > her there is another visa that the company can apply for. Does anyone[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > what visa this may possibly be? Is she out of status right now and what impact[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > would this have when she does start the marriage-based AOS process?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > It was my understanding that she could only work one of two ways, if her[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > company applied for a new H1, or if she started the AOS process and got an EAD.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Are there other alternatives?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Derek[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 8:41 pm
Moretakitty

That's why I asked
--
Keep smilin' Moretakitty
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > What country is she from, could they be applying for a TN-1 for her,[/usenetquote2]
which
[usenetquote2]> > is a temporary 1 year work permit?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > *******************[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Keep smilin' Moretakitty[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >^,,^<[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I have a friend that was on an H1 visa and recently married a US citizen. She[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > hasn't started the AOS process as yet, but she left her previous job[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > started working at another company this past week.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The new company has not filed for a new H1 for her as yet. They are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > telling[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > her there is another visa that the company can apply for. Does anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > what visa this may possibly be? Is she out of status right now and[/usenetquote2]
what
[usenetquote2]> > > impact would this have when she does start the marriage-based AOS process?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It was my understanding that she could only work one of two ways, if[/usenetquote2]
her
[usenetquote2]> > new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > company applied for a new H1, or if she started the AOS process and[/usenetquote2]
got
[usenetquote2]> > > an EAD. Are there other alternatives?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Derek[/usenetquote2]