Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Winnipeg POE Experience (not really)

Winnipeg POE Experience (not really)

Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:10 pm
Dataangel

Default Winnipeg POE Experience (not really)

Ian is now safely in Baltimore. His experience at Winnipeg Airport was entertaining,
although details are sketchy.

He showed up plenty early on Saturday, the 20th. He waited in line (of course),
and when he got to the first guy, the INS agent looked at the envelope and said
"Oh, shit."

Neither person Ian talked to was apparently quite with it. Blame the early
hour, maybe?

There was a lack of communication between persons one and two. One handled the
paperwork and made the apropriate changes to Ian's passport. The second couldn't
figure out what was going on.

INS: Purpose of visit? Ian: I'm going to live with my fiance, and get married. INS:
Do you have a visa for that? Ian: It's in the passport you're holding. INS: (blank
stare) Ian: I got it from that guy (indicating first guy). Look, it's right there.
INS: So what do you do for a living? Ian: I used to work for (TEST--) but I quit
because I'm moving to the States. INS: What are you going to do in the States? Ian: I
just told you, I'm going to... INS: I mean for work. Ian: I don't know. I don't live
there yet. We're going to get married, and then I'm going to get work authorized, and
then I'm going to get a job once I know where things are and how to get to them. INS:
Do you have a visa for that? Ian: You just looked at it! INS: (pause) Go on through.

Old Apr 26th 2002, 2:10 pm
Mister Heartbre

Default Re: Winnipeg POE Experience (not really)

[email protected] (DataAngel) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Ian is now safely in Baltimore. His experience at Winnipeg Airport was
    > entertaining, although details are sketchy.
    >
    > He showed up plenty early on Saturday, the 20th. He waited in line (of course),
    > and when he got to the first guy, the INS agent looked at the envelope and said
    > "Oh, shit."
    >
    > Neither person Ian talked to was apparently quite with it. Blame the early
    > hour, maybe?
    >
    > There was a lack of communication between persons one and two. One handled the
    > paperwork and made the apropriate changes to Ian's passport. The second couldn't
    > figure out what was going on.
    >
    > INS: Purpose of visit? Ian: I'm going to live with my fiance, and get married. INS:
    > Do you have a visa for that? Ian: It's in the passport you're holding. INS: (blank
    > stare) Ian: I got it from that guy (indicating first guy). Look, it's right there.
    > INS: So what do you do for a living? Ian: I used to work for (TEST--) but I quit
    > because I'm moving to the States. INS: What are you going to do in the States? Ian:
    > I just told you, I'm going to... INS: I mean for work. Ian: I don't know. I don't
    > live there yet. We're going to get married, and then I'm going to get work
    > authorized, and then I'm going to get a job once I know where things are and how to
    > get to them. INS: Do you have a visa for that? Ian: You just looked at it! INS:
    > (pause) Go on through.
    >

Someone could write a sitcom... Dave.

Old Apr 26th 2002, 3:10 pm
Betastar

On 26 Apr 2002 05:46:45 -0700, [email protected] (DataAngel) wrote:

>INS: Do you have a visa for that? Ian: You just looked at it! INS: (pause) Go
    >on through.

*ROTFLMAO!!*

Thank you for the good morning - laugh!

Old Apr 26th 2002, 5:40 pm
Mrs_blackross

OMG ROFLMAO!!! how on earth did he keep a straight face through all that??

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm "DataAngel"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Ian is now safely in Baltimore. His experience at Winnipeg Airport was
    > entertaining, although details are sketchy.
    >
    > He showed up plenty early on Saturday, the 20th. He waited in line (of course),
    > and when he got to the first guy, the INS agent looked at the envelope and said
    > "Oh, shit."
    >
    > Neither person Ian talked to was apparently quite with it. Blame the early
    > hour, maybe?
    >
    > There was a lack of communication between persons one and two. One handled the
    > paperwork and made the apropriate changes to Ian's passport. The second couldn't
    > figure out what was going on.
    >
    > INS: Purpose of visit? Ian: I'm going to live with my fiance, and get married. INS:
    > Do you have a visa for that? Ian: It's in the passport you're holding. INS: (blank
    > stare) Ian: I got it from that guy (indicating first guy). Look, it's right there.
    > INS: So what do you do for a living? Ian: I used to work for (TEST--) but I quit
    > because I'm moving to the States. INS: What are you going to do in the States? Ian:
    > I just told you, I'm going to... INS: I mean for work. Ian: I don't know. I don't
    > live there yet. We're going to get married, and then I'm going to get work
    > authorized, and then I'm going to get a job once I know where things are and how to
    > get to them. INS: Do you have a visa for that? Ian: You just looked at it! INS:
    > (pause) Go on through.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 1:40 pm
Dataangel

"Mrs_Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > OMG ROFLMAO!!! how on earth did he keep a straight face through all that??
    >

Things like this happen to him a lot. He's the best at keeping a straight face in
absurd situations.

I'm just sorry I wasn't there to see the whole thing. There's no way I could keep a
straight face, though. I'd probably have ended us in all sorts of trouble.