Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

A winner and a question about the PR card...:)

A winner and a question about the PR card...:)

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:24 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default A winner and a question about the PR card...:)

Hello all,
Well, after we dug out the mailbox this morning from almost a foot of snow, we removed an envelope from Lee Summit, Missouri! Yes, the "greencard" has arrived. I have determined the winner of the contest; results follow.

Your votes were:
Ray--13 days
Rete--22 days
Sphyrapicus--11 days
Andrea--27 days
Russ & Jayne--12 days
MightBe--633 days
Meauxna--9 days
HunterGreen--9 days
Sunflwrgrl--45 days
Hypertweeky--16 days

We have determined Hyper to be the winner, since it is exactly 16 days since the interview! Congrats Hyper---take some insect repellent with you when you visit Ray's woods.

Now the question: since we haven't even been married a year yet, of course we expected to get a two year card, and at the interview we were specifically told that we need to remove the conditions between certain dates, signed a paper saying that we understood what was told to us, and that should be it, right?

Well, all the information is correct on his card except........it's a *10 year card*, expiring in January of 2015!!! Looks like someone screwed up. Of course the little folder that it came in says to check it for errors and call the MIS-information line if you find any, but.......

I guess there's always Infopass and another trip into Chicago, but......

Anyone had this happen before? Since his I-551 stamp is only valid for six months, the idea of sending this card somewhere for corrections flips us out.

One more question: the card lists his "category" as IF1. Anyone know what the heck that is?

All insights appreciated, even if it's just to tell us that we need to get it corrected.
~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:35 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A winner and a question about the PR card...:)

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hello all,
Well, after we dug out the mailbox this morning from almost a foot of snow, we removed an envelope from Lee Summit, Missouri! Yes, the "greencard" has arrived. I have determined the winner of the contest; results follow.

Your votes were:
Ray--13 days
Rete--22 days
Sphyrapicus--11 days
Andrea--27 days
Russ & Jayne--12 days
MightBe--633 days
Meauxna--9 days
HunterGreen--9 days
Sunflwrgrl--45 days
Hypertweeky--16 days

We have determined Hyper to be the winner, since it is exactly 16 days since the interview! Congrats Hyper---take some insect repellent with you when you visit Ray's woods.

Now the question: since we haven't even been married a year yet, of course we expected to get a two year card, and at the interview we were specifically told that we need to remove the conditions between certain dates, signed a paper saying that we understood what was told to us, and that should be it, right?

Well, all the information is correct on his card except........it's a *10 year card*, expiring in January of 2015!!! Looks like someone screwed up. Of course the little folder that it came in says to check it for errors and call the MIS-information line if you find any, but.......

Anyone had this happen before? Since his I-551 stamp is only valid for six months, the idea of sending this card somewhere for corrections flips us out.

One more question: the card lists his "category" as IF1. Anyone know what the heck that is?

All insights appreciated, even if it's just to tell us that we need to get it corrected.
~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
IF1 I Believe is the code if you aos to PR from k-1
CF1 is conditional residency from k-1

Last edited by candy wy.; Jan 22nd 2005 at 5:45 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Mr. Pink .... nice going

As for Hyper's win, she doesn't need insect repellant ... she has a rear end defogger and no self-respecting insect will inhabit the woods while she is enjoying her win.

As for the card itself, yup it should have read CF-1 not IF-1. There is no rush to get to Chicago for another stamp and to have the card redone. Believe you can wait for spring. Even if he doesn't get the corrected one in time, he can still file for removal if the time is right.

Rete

Hello all,

Your votes were:
Ray--13 days
Rete--22 days
Sphyrapicus--11 days
Andrea--27 days
Russ & Jayne--12 days
MightBe--633 days
Meauxna--9 days
HunterGreen--9 days
Sunflwrgrl--45 days
Hypertweeky--16 days

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:34 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
As for Hyper's win, she doesn't need insect repellant ... she has a rear end defogger and no self-respecting insect will inhabit the woods
Funny ...she has not been in touch about claiming her prize...!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:48 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Your votes were:
Ray--13 days
Rete--22 days
Sphyrapicus--11 days
Andrea--27 days
Russ & Jayne--12 days
MightBe--633 days
Meauxna--9 days
HunterGreen--9 days
Sunflwrgrl--45 days
Hypertweeky--16 days

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Hi:

The "IF" and "CF" arises from a K-1 adjustment.

Personally, I see no need to replace card PROVIDED you file that I-751 at the appropriate time. At this time, the error on the card is "harmless error". But do file that I-751 at the end of 2006 in any case.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 5:27 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Your votes were:
Ray--13 days
Rete--22 days
Sphyrapicus--11 days
Andrea--27 days
Russ & Jayne--12 days
MightBe--633 days
Meauxna--9 days
HunterGreen--9 days
Sunflwrgrl--45 days
Hypertweeky--16 days

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Darn it!! How did i miss out on the contest??!! I must have been a little pre-occupied Congratulations, anyway!!!!

Marnee
Old Jan 24th 2005, 12:42 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congrats guys!

Wow I wonder how quickly mine will arrive! I have new found optimism in the USCIS!

James
Old Jan 24th 2005, 1:17 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Congrats guys
Patrick
Old Jan 24th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Wheeeeeeeee congratulations!
Old Jan 24th 2005, 1:50 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
We just wanted to thank everyone for their congratulations and the insight on what to do with the card. We've decided to just let it be until it comes time to remove conditions. Seems like the most prudent thing to do!

Thanks again for your thoughts.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(a little time to breathe now!)
Old Jan 24th 2005, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on receiving the card! I'm a bit bummed out about not getting to stay in Ray's woods though... have fun, Hyper!

Elaine