Wife is leaving for her dream job

Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:55 am
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife is leaving for her dream job

We have filed for both I-130 and I-485 concurrently and have been waiting for the AOS interview.

My wife just got offered a new job by the company located in other state. We really don't want to be seperated,but it's a very good opportunity for her and I don't want her to give up her lifetime dream job,so we are in a big dilemma...

What most worries us is the AOS interview since we are going to live apart for a while ( I am planning on joining with her after one or two years).

Could it be a problem ( or possible rejection) if we don't phisically live together at the time we have our AOS interview?

What should we do????

Last edited by greencard2004; Jun 9th 2004 at 5:44 am.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife is leaving for her dream job

Originally posted by greencard2004
We have filed for both I-130 and I-485 concurrently and have been waiting for the AOS interview.

My wife just got offered a new job by the company located in other state. We really don't want to be seperated,but it's a very good opportunity for her and I don't want her to give up her lifetime dream job,so we are in a big dilemma...

What most worries us is the AOS interview since we are going to live aprt for a while ( I am planning on joining with her after one or two years).

Could it be a problem ( or possible rejection) if we don't phisically live together at the time we have our AOS interview?

What should we do????
Hi:

Tell the truth -- its easier to remember. It is not a reason for a denial. Make sure to document everything. The law is pretty clear on this one. Hell, you two could decide that you simply can't get along and want to live apart -- and if it was a bona fide marriage and the I-864 is still good and you have not filed for divorce or formal separation -- its fine. There USED to be a "viability" doctrine but that was done away with by a lot of litigation 30 years ago. And the case law is still good.