wife / B1

Old Apr 28th 2002, 9:00 pm
Ciprian Pop

Default wife / B1

Hi.

A friend of mine wants to bring his wife in the US. He got married AFTER getting his
green card.

His wife applied for a tourist visa in Bucharest, on the ground that the husband is
going to be a US citizen within the next two years. She really wanted to comply with
all the visa requirements (duration of stay in the US, etc.). The visa was denied.

The question is: should she reapply ? and what are her chances of getting a
tourist visa.

The bottom line is: she will be in the US anyway in about two years and they
obviously want to spend some time together.

Thanks for your help.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 5:00 am
Shelley

Default Re: wife / B1

Chances are the Visitors visa will be denied everytime, because having a husband in
the US shows that she probably has immigrant intent. It is unlikely she will get to
the US until her husband becomes a citizen and can file a petition to bring her here.
Take Care. Shelley

"Ciprian Pop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Hi.
    >
    > A friend of mine wants to bring his wife in the US. He got married AFTER getting
    > his green card.
    >
    > His wife applied for a tourist visa in Bucharest, on the ground that the husband
    > is going to be a US citizen within the next two years. She really wanted to
    > comply with all the visa requirements (duration of stay in the US, etc.). The
    > visa was denied.
    >
    > The question is: should she reapply ? and what are her chances of getting a
    > tourist visa.
    >
    > The bottom line is: she will be in the US anyway in about two years and they
    > obviously want to spend some time together.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.