Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Why does it take so long for case to go from NVC to Embassy?

Why does it take so long for case to go from NVC to Embassy?

Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:36 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Why does it take so long for case to go from NVC to Embassy?

Our case left NVC Dec 29, and just TODAY got to the Embassy! Jan 9! This is the computer age. I could have put it in the REGULAR MAIL to the Embassy and it would have gotten there faster. It seems like this portion of the process really shouldn't take this long...

(Then again, it also took from Dec 12 to Dec 23 for case to go from NBC to NVC.... *grumble*)
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does it take so long for case to go from NVC to Embassy?

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
Our case left NVC Dec 29, and just TODAY got to the Embassy! Jan 9! This is the computer age. I could have put it in the REGULAR MAIL to the Embassy and it would have gotten there faster. It seems like this portion of the process really shouldn't take this long...

(Then again, it also took from Dec 12 to Dec 23 for case to go from NBC to NVC.... *grumble*)
Patience kiddles, remember you had New Years in there. Also remember those folks in some other less speedy consulates. I saw posters during the last year who literally waited weeks and even months for their cases to be acted on even once they got out of NVC . You've got London and unless they do a complete 360 it won't be that long. Most importantly you are in the home stretch.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:18 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cindyabs
Patience kiddles, remember you had New Years in there.
That's only one day... I *still* could have mailed stuff faster...

Most importantly you are in the home stretch.

We know. But I still wanna know why some of these things that should be quite quick take over a wk... Just seems crazy...
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:07 am
elviswasmydad

what are you complaining about? that is not bad. You should be grateful.

Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by elviswasmydad
what are you complaining about? that is not bad. You should be grateful.
Oh, man! I would have LOVED to had your time frame! Besides the time it took for my case to go from CSC to NVC, and then from NVC to the consulate....it STAYED at NVC for 3 months!!! Then, it took the consulate 1 whole month just to send out Packet 3 to my attorney! That's 4 months down the tubes just spent waiting patiently. :-)

But, I do understand your venting. We all do it :-)

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had another thought....perhaps it DID only take one day to arrive there.....but it took another several days for someone to acknowledge that it was actually there and be able to tell you so......

Don't know if that's how it works, but it makes sense to me.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:10 am
Together at last!

Originally posted by Noorah101
I would have LOVED to had your time frame!
From your sig, I'm guessing you're K1, right?
If we did K1, we'd be looking at probably at least 3 extra months of waiting.

But it does TOTALLY suck that your wait times were soooooo long! it's just unacceptable!! If any of us did this kinda crap, we'd be FIRED. BAH!!

elviswasmydad, if you really don't know why I'm "complaining," you're not paying attention. Or maybe you just didn't actually *read* my posts.

I'm still hoping someone can answer why it takes so long....
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:43 am
Just Joined

menael is an unknown quantity at this point

i am on the same boat ,except that my case is an I 130 approval
i just send the I 864 and DS 230 to NVC and i am wondering how long it will take them to forward it to the embassy overseas ???
i did talk to sombody from from the NVC ,i was told that
"it takes 2 weeks to open the mail ,then 6 to 8 weeks to review the package then 2 weeks to get to the embassy then........."
CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THAT ??!!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:49 am
Together at last!

Originally posted by menael
"it takes 2 weeks to open the mail ,then 6 to 8 weeks to review the package then 2 weeks to get to the embassy then........."
It usually takes much less then 6 wks for a case to clear NVC.
Just a little bit of possible good news for ya.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't believe that. The service centers are under a directive to open ALL mail the day it is received. I know the NVC is a different agency but I don't believe that they wait two weeks to open it. I do believe that infact it being inputed into the computer system is delayed for that amout of time sometimes. Fine by me...I'd rather they concentrate on getting the actual package moving than the trail of where it is.

Originally posted by menael
i am on the same boat ,except that my case is an I 130 approval
i just send the I 864 and DS 230 to NVC and i am wondering how long it will take them to forward it to the embassy overseas ???
CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THAT ??!!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

It is the holiday season a lot of people are on vacation leaving those that are behind and unhappy to carry a heavier load, lots of extra mail in the postal system. As union labor it is next to impossible to be fired.

Once it was approved and "on it's way" did you contact the embassy explain to them that it had been approved give them your number and ask that they open a provisional file?

From your sig, I'm guessing you're K1, right?
If we did K1, we'd be looking at probably at least 3 extra months of waiting.

But it does TOTALLY suck that your wait times were soooooo long! it's just unacceptable!! If any of us did this kinda crap, we'd be FIRED. BAH!!

elviswasmydad, if you really don't know why I'm "complaining," you're not paying attention. Or maybe you just didn't actually *read* my posts.

I'm still hoping someone can answer why it takes so long....
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:14 pm
Together at last!

Originally posted by lpdiver
Once it was approved and "on it's way" did you contact the embassy explain to them that it had been approved give them your number and ask that they open a provisional file?
The UK Embassy will not do anything until they recieve the case.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Neither will the Colombian consulate. The get e-mail notification while waiting for the package to arrive. I don't understand why not but some won't. I asked and got shot down.

The UK Embassy will not do anything until they recieve the case.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S&V,

menael says his petition is an I-130. The NVC has real processing to do on an I-130, it is not just a pass-through like the I-129f. So it will take longer, in part because the case is going to just sit while waiting for the petitioner to submit the I-864.

I do think that he's 'off base' when he talks about 2 weeks to open the mail, however.

Regards, JEff

It usually takes much less then 6 wks for a case to clear NVC.
Just a little bit of possible good news for ya.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:56 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!

I don't know why is taking long. My file left NVC on Dec 30th, arrived to the embassy Jan 6th (A Holiday here), they sent packet 3 on the 7 .. and got packet 3 Jan 9. I hope it all starts to go fast for you!!

Take care!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jan 11th 2004 at 8:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.