Why does AOS take so long?

Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why does AOS take so long?

Hi guys,
This is for all the experts out there: Why on earth does it thake the INS or BCIS or whatever they are calling themselves these days so long to process AOS's? I filed in January 2003 after marrying my USC wife, and last week wrote to my local office (in Greer, SC) and they sent my letter AND envelope back to me(!), and this pro-forma letter stating it is taking the incompetants in South Carolina between 24-36 months, to even get to my case!!!!! Also told me in a very firm voice to not contact them again until 30 months have passed!

Can you believe this BS???? I paid almost $800 to file this stuff and then they tell me it will take 3 years!!!! Now i know the staff they have are retarded illiterates, and because us newbie immigrants can't vote are not important, but can anyone please tell me anything as to why it should take 3 years to get to my AOS case?

Enough of my ranting.....thanks!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does AOS take so long?

Feel better? Use the wait time to find out why USCIS takes so long. Discover just how many people are applying for USCIS benefits. Learn about the various other methods that foreigners have to enter the US and what their entrance means in terms of service by the various local and service center offices. Get further pissed when you discover that big business in the US carries more weight with our political representatives in regards to visas for working immigrants than US citizens do by allowing them expedited service with a $1,000 fee. Look into how Mr. Gates has built colleges in India for the education of Indians who will be given an inside track to H-1B visas or that he is outsourcing much of his industry to India to avoid hiring USC and/or having to deal with H-1B visas in the future. Look into how the change over from the INS to the BCIS under the Homeland Defense has caused uncertainty and longer wait times for many users. Look into how and why many service centers are behind processing various marriage based petitions because they have to work on TPS processing for several nationalities whose countries are unstable for them to live in. You haven't begun to rant yet.

Rete

Originally posted by adamfdz
Hi guys,
This is for all the experts out there: Why on earth does it thake the INS or BCIS or whatever they are calling themselves these days so long to process AOS's? I filed in January 2003 after marrying my USC wife, and last week wrote to my local office (in Greer, SC) and they sent my letter AND envelope back to me(!), and this pro-forma letter stating it is taking the incompetants in South Carolina between 24-36 months, to even get to my case!!!!! Also told me in a very firm voice to not contact them again until 30 months have passed!

Can you believe this BS???? I paid almost $800 to file this stuff and then they tell me it will take 3 years!!!! Now i know the staff they have are retarded illiterates, and because us newbie immigrants can't vote are not important, but can anyone please tell me anything as to why it should take 3 years to get to my AOS case?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:36 am
Dekkas Angel

I dont care about anyones problems like those of cutenurse. I would rather
attack friendly people. I am a liar and I cant read
I also despise persons from other countries.
"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Feel better? Use the wait time to find out why USCIS takes so long.
    > Discover just how many people are applying for USCIS benefits. Learn
    > about the various other methods that foreigners have to enter the US and
    > what their entrance means in terms of service by the various local and
    > service center offices. Get further pissed when you discover that big
    > business in the US carries more weight with our political
    > representatives in regards to visas for working immigrants than US
    > citizens do by allowing them expedited service with a $1,000 fee. Look
    > into how Mr. Gates has built colleges in India for the education of
    > Indians who will be given an inside track to H-1B visas or that he is
    > outsourcing much of his industry to India to avoid hiring USC and/or
    > having to deal with H-1B visas in the future. Look into how the change
    > over from the INS to the BCIS under the Homeland Defense has caused
    > uncertainty and longer wait times for many users. Look into how and why
    > many service centers are behind processing various marriage based
    > petitions because they have to work on TPS processing for several
    > nationalities whose countries are unstable for them to live in. You
    > haven't begun to rant yet.
    > Rete
    > Originally posted by adamfdz
    > > Hi guys,
    > > This is for all the experts out there: Why on earth does it thake the
    > > INS or BCIS or whatever they are calling themselves these days so long
    > > to process AOS's? I filed in January 2003 after marrying my USC wife,
    > > and last week wrote to my local office (in Greer, SC) and they sent my
    > > letter AND envelope back to me(!), and this pro-forma letter stating
    > > it is taking the incompetants in South Carolina between 24-36 months,
    > > to even get to my case!!!!! Also told me in a very firm voice to not
    > > contact them again until 30 months have passed!
    > >
    > > Can you believe this BS???? I paid almost $800 to file this stuff and
    > > then they tell me it will take 3 years!!!! Now i know the staff they
    > > have are retarded illiterates, and because us newbie immigrants can't
    > > vote are not important, but can anyone please tell me anything as to
    > > why it should take 3 years to get to my AOS case?
    > >
    > Enough of my ranting.....thanks!!!!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by adamfdz
Hi guys,

Hi,

My wife is in a very similar situation to you. She is on a K3 visa and applied in May 2002. Every time we go to the office they tell us that it will take time.

But here's the strange thing. We know of a couple who applied in June 2003 (K3 as well) in the Greer Office and they received the interview call last week and had their interview as well!!!

But the interview was in Charleston. So I'm not sure how this happened? How can their case be pushed in front of mine? Is this possible? Same case - type!

And why did they receive the interview call from Charleston? and not Greer?

By the way... What status are you currently?

- Khurram
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Feel better? Use the wait time to find out why USCIS takes so long. Discover just how many people are applying for USCIS benefits. Learn about the various other methods that foreigners have to enter the US and what their entrance means in terms of service by the various local and service center offices. Get further pissed when you discover that big business in the US carries more weight with our political representatives in regards to visas for working immigrants than US citizens do by allowing them expedited service with a $1,000 fee. Look into how Mr. Gates has built colleges in India for the education of Indians who will be given an inside track to H-1B visas or that he is outsourcing much of his industry to India to avoid hiring USC and/or having to deal with H-1B visas in the future. Look into how the change over from the INS to the BCIS under the Homeland Defense has caused uncertainty and longer wait times for many users. Look into how and why many service centers are behind processing various marriage based petitions because they have to work on TPS processing for several nationalities whose countries are unstable for them to live in. You haven't begun to rant yet.

Rete
What is TPS?

Also.. please ready my previous post. Is there any plausible explanation as to why the case of the other couple we know has already been processed even though the case-type is the the same?

Thanks,

- Khurram
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:35 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by khabibiuf
Is there any plausible explanation as to why the case of the other couple we know has already been processed even though the case-type is the the same?

Thanks,

- Khurram
How about IBIS? How about security clearances taking different amounts of time. You can't really judge your case based on someone else's case.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

According to the INS officer our case is sitting on shelf #11 and the are currently processing shelf # 3 (or something like that). So it doesn't even seem that they have "opened" the file yet... So I would think security and stuff like that would not even be a question if they haven't gotten to my case.

- Khurram
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:12 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

$800 ???
Wow, I thought it was around $500 for everything?
How was the $800 broken down, if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks,
Clare
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

khabibiuf,

The BCIS District Office for the states of Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina is in Atlanta. There is a Sub Office in Charleston, South Carolina, and the Charleston Sub Office has a satellite office in Greer.

Perhaps you live in the part of SC that is served by the satellite office in Greer, while the other couple that you've heard of lives in the part of SC that's handled by the main office in Charleston?

And perhaps those 2 offices that serve SC have different workloads?

Hi,

My wife is in a very similar situation to you. She is on a K3 visa and applied in May 2002. Every time we go to the office they tell us that it will take time.

But here's the strange thing. We know of a couple who applied in June 2003 (K3 as well) in the Greer Office and they received the interview call last week and had their interview as well!!!

But the interview was in Charleston. So I'm not sure how this happened? How can their case be pushed in front of mine? Is this possible? Same case - type!

And why did they receive the interview call from Charleston? and not Greer?

By the way... What status are you currently?

- Khurram
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:25 am
Starla

Good Day

I guess we are in the same situation. Our expected interview date is
June 2005. We filed for AOS early this year (2003), we filed in tampa
florida. Received our letter stating they had everything and the
expected interview date. *shrugs* they are busy, understaffed and
consistently dealing with new changes, no wonder they take so long.

The way I look at it is this, I am here, happily, with my husband and
kids. It could be worse we could still be apart. When we finally do
get our interview it will be without any conditions since we will be
celebrating our third anniversary, so that is at least a little
compensation for the wait.

have a good day
starla

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

nycbcis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
what about NYC? they are taking forever to process your case.
and as someone mentioned here i have seen people who filed away after me and have had their interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I filed AOS august 2001(battered spouse approved petition) and haven't heard nothing from NYC bcis.
thanks all for reading
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
khabibiuf,

The BCIS District Office for the states of Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina is in Atlanta. There is a Sub Office in Charleston, South Carolina, and the Charleston Sub Office has a satellite office in Greer.

Perhaps you live in the part of SC that is served by the satellite office in Greer, while the other couple that you've heard of lives in the part of SC that's handled by the main office in Charleston?

And perhaps those 2 offices that serve SC have different workloads?
Actually... The other couple in question live about 2 miles from us! I guess it's possible that cases are transferred between offices, right? That could be the only explanation.

- Khurram
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS length

I am currently in the limbo state that AOS brings. After getting married and my H1B expiring i am waiting for my AOS case to be heard...no idea when that will be...sadly. I am beginning to think i made a mistake by filing at Greer and not going to Charleston. Maybe a bigger office would have had the resources to process applications quickly?????
Has anyone written to Sen. Fritz Hollings about their case? I am just about to do so to see if this will help my case.

The almost $800 i paid included all the AOS forms, AP and EAD forms....
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:14 pm
Andy Platt

Firstly you have no choice about the office you file at. If Greer is the
right office, that's the one you have to file at. Secondly the size of the
office is usually pretty irrelevant though more often smaller is better.
Third, it's always hard to hear this (but I have been through it myself) but
everyone else paid that huge amount of money and is waiting too.

Having said that, if there is a problem with your specific application, if
it is taking longer than others through the same office it is definitely
worth going into the office to see what's up (quite often they sent out an
interview notice and it got lost in the mail) and then, if you get no joy,
contacting your (spouses) representatives.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"adamfdz" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am currently in the limbo state that AOS brings. After getting married
    > and my H1B expiring i am waiting for my AOS case to be heard...no idea
    > when that will be...sadly. I am beginning to think i made a mistake by
    > filing at Greer and not going to Charleston. Maybe a bigger office would
    > have had the resources to process applications quickly?????
    > Has anyone written to Sen. Fritz Hollings about their case? I am just
    > about to do so to see if this will help my case.
    > The almost $800 i paid included all the AOS forms, AP and EAD forms....
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Khurram,

It's possible that cases are transferred between offices, yes.

Another possible explanation is that the border between jurisdictions has to be drawn someplace - perhaps it's between you and the other couple?

Where I recently lived in New Jersey I was in the jurisdiction of the Cherry Hill Sub Office. If I'd lived 1/2 mile further north I'd have been in the jurisdiction of the Newark District Office.

Regards, JEff

Actually... The other couple in question live about 2 miles from us! I guess it's possible that cases are transferred between offices, right? That could be the only explanation.

- Khurram

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.