Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Where is the new date for I-751 at NSC, TSC & CSC??? VSC went backwards to June 06??

Where is the new date for I-751 at NSC, TSC & CSC??? VSC went backwards to June 06??

Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

goldy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Where is the new date for I-751 at NSC, TSC & CSC??? VSC went backwards to June 06??

They just posted new Immigration timeline. But where is the timeline for I-751 for NSC, TSC and CSC?????

And guess what...VSC went back to June 06 from its last I-751 date of November -06.

Does anyone has any clue why is that? They just messed up the dates??

Or they have transferred all I-751s to VSC??
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where is the new date for I-751 at NSC, TSC & CSC??? VSC went backwards to June 0

Originally Posted by goldy99
They just posted new Immigration timeline. But where is the timeline for I-751 for NSC, TSC and CSC?????

And guess what...VSC went back to June 06 from its last I-751 date of November -06.

I'm hoping they have just messed up as it is very strange and really can't be right, one month it stayed at sept and then jumped to November.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:02 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the new date for I-751 at NSC, TSC & CSC??? VSC went backwards to June 0

My husband submitted the I-751 to NSC in October of 06 and just received his ten year card last week; so 7.5 months for NSC as of that time period.

~SecretGarden
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

This does seem a confusing date for Vermont.
My I-751 was with VSC on 4th October 2006, got an e-mail notification that card was sent for processing on 7th May 2007 and received the 10-year GC around 10 days later. Posted this on another thread that gooner81 was also on.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:28 am
Just Joined

wondo is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine in November and got approved and recieved the new card last week., So, not so much change. HOWEVER, USCIS has posted a notice on the same page explaining the change in reporting these dates. I have pasted it below if in case you missed it:

---------
Notice: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has improved the reporting procedure for processing times of immigration benefit applications. In the past, USCIS benefit processing reports indicated the specific type of applications or petitions that were being processed and the date the cases were received. However, the date the case was received did not provide a clear indication of when USCIS expected to complete the case, nor did it provide a clear indication of USCIS’ commitment to process cases within a certain cycle time. It also did not align with the processing times and cycle times the agency reports in other contexts.

This improved reporting procedure is an effort to give our customers more accurate information that better reflects current processing time and USCIS service level commitments. Effective immediately, when we are completing applications and petitions within our service level goals we will report that as the processing time. For example, when our service level goal is to process a particular kind of case within six months, and if our processing time is six months or less, we will show a date consistent with our service level goal because that reflects our commitment.

When we are not meeting our service level goal, the date posted will reflect the filing date of cases that are being completed. It should be noted that while in some instances reported processing dates may appear to have regressed due to this change, they do not reflect a lengthening of USCIS processing times, but simply the change in reporting. Our goal is to provide accurate projections and thus give customers clear expectations as to what they can expect as a processing time.

-----------------
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

:curse:We just noticed this ourselves and I was going to post to see if anyone else saw this. This is really frustrating and obnoxious! I know the dates are reliable but this is a little ridiculous.

Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Guess you mean that the dates are NOT reliable?! .
Anyway, even though the processing appears to go "backwards", you are still legal.... But I know it's tough to 'chill out'.....
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, NOT reliable! LOL! One of my coworkers husbands works for USCIS so I'm going to ask her to ask him what the deal is - just out of curiousity. It is good to know that we're legal and we can apply for citizenship with or without removal of conditions finished but still...quite frustrating to see crazy things happening!

Originally Posted by AlanR
Guess you mean that the dates are NOT reliable?! .
Anyway, even though the processing appears to go "backwards", you are still legal.... But I know it's tough to 'chill out'.....
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Good news for those at VSC, its been updated again with December 1st 06 so thats much better.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:48 am
amyus11 via ImmigrationKB

SecretGarden and any one else,
Do you need to turn in old 2-yr GC card before USCIS can mail you the new 10-
yr card?
Thanks,
Amy

SecretGarden wrote:
>> They just posted new Immigration timeline. But where is the timeline
>> for I-751 for NSC, TSC and CSC?????
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> Or they have transferred all I-751s to VSC??
>
>My husband submitted the I-751 to NSC in October of 06 and just
>received his ten year card last week; so 7.5 months for NSC as of that
>time period.
>
>~SecretGarden

Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

No. Neither do you need to turn in the 1-year extension letter. The old 2-year GC should be well out of date anyway.....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

CSC has been updated to December 14, 2006 too.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:38 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amyus11 via ImmigrationKB
SecretGarden and any one else,
Do you need to turn in old 2-yr GC card before USCIS can mail you the new 10-
yr card?
Thanks,
Amy

SecretGarden wrote:
>> They just posted new Immigration timeline. But where is the timeline
>> for I-751 for NSC, TSC and CSC?????
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> Or they have transferred all I-751s to VSC??
>
>My husband submitted the I-751 to NSC in October of 06 and just
>received his ten year card last week; so 7.5 months for NSC as of that
>time period.
>
>~SecretGarden
No, didn't need to submit the card, just a copy of it with the petition. I do think that they take your greencards if you are approved for naturalization though.

~SecretGarden
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

We sent my wife's I-751 to VSC in mid November 2006. We received the email update last week that her new card has been ordered and will be sent in 30 days. From what I've heard, you usually get it in a week or two.

- Eric S.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:42 pm
another Bob

In article <[email protected]> ,
SecretGarden <[email protected]> wrote:

> > SecretGarden and any one else,
> > Do you need to turn in old 2-yr GC card before USCIS can mail you the
> > new 10-
> > yr card?
> > Thanks,
> > Amy
> >
> > SecretGarden wrote:
> > >> They just posted new Immigration timeline. But where is the
> > >> timeline
> > >> for I-751 for NSC, TSC and CSC?????
> > >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
> > >>
> > >> Or they have transferred all I-751s to VSC??
> > >
> > >My husband submitted the I-751 to NSC in October of 06 and just
> > >received his ten year card last week; so 7.5 months for NSC as of
> > >that
> > >time period.
> > >
> > >~SecretGarden
>
> No, didn't need to submit the card, just a copy of it with the petition.
> I do think that they take your greencards if you are approved for
> naturalization though.
>
> ~SecretGarden

just a note: copy both sides of your greencard with the application.

another bob (not a lawyer)