Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Where to Declare Maintenance Medicine as US Tourist and Stopover inquiry

Where to Declare Maintenance Medicine as US Tourist and Stopover inquiry

Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

yengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really niceyengbautista is just really nice
Default Where to Declare Maintenance Medicine as US Tourist and Stopover inquiry

Dear Expat Community,

I just would like to have some inquiries regarding my travel. To what agencies or officer at the airport both at my Point of Origin and to the Port of Entry in the US will I declare the maintenance medicine that I am bringing with me good for 2 months used? From my Origin country, my flight route has a stop over in Japan prior it goes to the US. Though I don’t exactly know whether it involve just an airline transfer or not. Do I still also have to declare the maintenance Med when I land in Japan as stopover? Lastly since we land first at Japan prior going to US as tourist, do we still have to pay some Airport Terminal and other fees at Japan airport stopover and do we still be ask to show some travel documents at Japan Stopover?

What is your suggestion, will I hand carry with me my maintenance Medicine or I will have it place together with my luggage for Check-in?

Appreciate much if you will shed light on this.

More Power to this community.

God Bless.

Yeng
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Declare Maintenance Medicine as US Tourist and Stopover inquiry

Originally Posted by yengbautista
Dear Expat Community,

I just would like to have some inquiries regarding my travel. To what agencies or officer at the airport both at my Point of Origin and to the Port of Entry in the US will I declare the maintenance medicine that I am bringing with me good for 2 months used? From my Origin country, my flight route has a stop over in Japan prior it goes to the US. Though I don’t exactly know whether it involve just an airline transfer or not. Do I still also have to declare the maintenance Med when I land in Japan as stopover? Lastly since we land first at Japan prior going to US as tourist, do we still have to pay some Airport Terminal and other fees at Japan airport stopover and do we still be ask to show some travel documents at Japan Stopover?

What is your suggestion, will I hand carry with me my maintenance Medicine or I will have it place together with my luggage for Check-in?

God Bless.

Yeng
I have brought prescription medicine with me overseas and it was never an issue. I had it in my carry-on, and it went through the x-ray, and no one said anything. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Declare Maintenance Medicine as US Tourist and Stopover inquiry

None. You don't declare your medication. You carry it with you in the prescription bottle from the doctor. If the doctor is willing to give you a letter regarding it, fine, be sure it is in English.

Carry it on your person, i.e. carryon bag. If asked about it, you explain.

I have done this going to Canada and twice going to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. No problems with my diabetes meds or cholestrol meds.

Originally Posted by yengbautista
Dear Expat Community,

God Bless.

Yeng

Last edited by Rete; Jul 28th 2007 at 3:12 pm.