Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

When evaluating "Rem of Con" application is it compared to the original application

When evaluating "Rem of Con" application is it compared to the original application

Old May 26th 2011, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When evaluating "Rem of Con" application is it compared to the original applicati

The list on the application form is SUGGESTIVE not mandatory. If you have solid evidence that you are still living together and have comingled your lives socially and financially then you are good to file.

As for on-line attorneys suggestions of including and/or not including, they are like a layman's opinion in this instance ... contradictory.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When evaluating "Rem of Con" application is it compared to the original applicati

Originally Posted by jmood
- are such letters necessary?
We didn't use any.

It's an ongoing debate here. The letters aren't required but some people insist on using them.
Do whatever works for you.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
We didn't use any.

It's an ongoing debate here. The letters aren't required but some people insist on using them.
Do whatever works for you.
JMOOD,
nice to hear from you BTW. I just filed my I-751 through my attorney and she insisted to add to letter of reference.

So I added a letter from a friend and another from my Fire Chief.

Also I added joint evidence from the last two years like building contracts ;Credit Cards etc..

Attorney said it's very strong evidence :-)

Just as a side note for everybody:
I used a attorney as buffer for all NOA'a or evtl. RFE's (don't think that I get one).My work load is so high that I need a 3rd party to make sure that I don't miss any time lines.

It's expensive but I work between 1- -14 hours every day.

Kind regards
CCR
Old May 27th 2011, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Hello CCR!
The Fire Chief's letter is bound the impress, no doubt! :-)

I also have apartment lease, credits card statements, bank statements last 2 years, family plan cell phone bill, all of them from last 2 years.
I also have joint health insurance from his work, but he's just changing jobs so alas that won't be valid in 3 weeks time when I file. And by that time he might not qualify for the new company's health plans.
I also have some photos with friends and on holiday. Actually I wasn't even going to use the photos but after this thread I now I might. Plus perhaps I should also use tickets/hotel receipts etc from a holiday.

I don't want to ask any friends for such letters because I know that none of the people I can ask would like that.

Last edited by jmood; May 27th 2011 at 3:16 am.
Old May 27th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Hi Jmood,
the affidavit is most likely not needed but it will also cause no harm.
So you will be fine .

Kind Regards
CCR
Old May 27th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello CCR!
I also have joint health insurance from his work, but he's just changing jobs so alas that won't be valid in 3 weeks time when I file. And by that time he might not qualify for the new company's health plans.
It is still a proof covering part of your marriage. It's not about what is current, but documentation of your two year history. I sent documentation of a joint bank account which we closed after we moved. If I had only sent out the current bank info, it would have looked like we only merged our money 6 months ago, instead of 2+ years.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

That last reply made me change my mind about the joint health insurance that will be invalid soon. I WILL submit it after all with an explanation, since it was in effect for over a year.
Edit to previous post: We also have joint tax return.
Old May 27th 2011, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I WILL submit it after all with an explanation, since it was in effect for over a year.
I believe that the more you need to explain something, the less actual impact it'll have. To me, evidence is either self-explanatory, or it's worthless.

Ian
Old May 27th 2011, 3:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

That last reply made me change my mind about the joint health insurance that will be invalid soon. I WILL submit it after all with an explanation, since it was in effect for over a year.
Edit to previous post: We also have joint tax return.
I would include this evidence, but I don't think you should include an explanation of anything. It was something you had jointly together, and now you don't, they don't really care why. You have other current evidence to make up for this one that got terminated.

Rene
Old May 27th 2011, 4:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Evidence that is unambiguous and not self-contradictory does not need explaining.

Evidence that is ambiguous or is self-contradictory is not only weak, it may even be damaging rather than helpful. And attempts at explanation may just make things worse.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe that the more you need to explain something, the less actual impact it'll have.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

For whatever its's worth, here is my final list of attachments to the I 751:

------------------------------------------------------------------
• Joint tax return transcript 2010

• Joint Bank Account – Citibank 2009, 2010, 2011

• Joint Bank Account – Bank of America 2011

• Joint Credit Card Statements 2009, 2010, 2011

• Joint Health Insurance

• Joint Apartment Lease , Apartment Registration & Rent Demand 2010 to 2011, 2010, 2009

• Family Cell Phone Plan 2009, 2010, 2011

• Joint Electricity Bill 2009, 2010, 2011

• Cable Bill 2009, 2010, 2011

• Home telephone bill 2010, 2011

• Photos

• Holiday travel Airplane boarding passes, Hotel receipt

------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the photos, I'm putting 2 or 3 on a page and submitting a color photocopy collage, not real photos.

Haven't counted pages, but I think it'll be at most half an inch thick.