Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What is "properly attired" on form N-659?

What is "properly attired" on form N-659?

Old May 18th 2009, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

smarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nice
Default What is "properly attired" on form N-659?

I have my USA Citizenship interview on May 21st.
What is properly attired to an ICE interviewer?
Would jeans and a t shirt be OK or do they require jacket and tie?
Would hate to flunk because was not "properly attired"
No drfinition given on N-659 or I797-C appointment notice.

Last edited by smarvinw; May 18th 2009 at 9:11 pm. Reason: remove silly icon
Old May 18th 2009, 9:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is "properly attired" on form N-659?

How about something in between your two examples?
DH always wore a collared shirt (no tie or coat) and slacks or nice trousers.

Personally, I am anti 'jeans and tshirt' to immigration affairs. YOMV.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

smarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nicesmarvinw is just really nice

Thanks
i just wanted to make sure they didn't expect some specific shirt color or something.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smarvinw
Thanks
i just wanted to make sure they didn't expect some specific shirt color or something.
heheh.. didn't you get your secret decoder ring?

Purple is always nice.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Yes I did and I like purple too.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smarvinw
I have my USA Citizenship interview on May 21st.
What is properly attired to an ICE interviewer?
Would jeans and a t shirt be OK or do they require jacket and tie?
Would hate to flunk because was not "properly attired"
No drfinition given on N-659 or I797-C appointment notice.
Hi:

By the way, ICE has nothing to do with naturalization.

Anything above shorts, tank-top and sandals. "Business casual" is just fine. If you feel comfortable in a coat and tie, by all means you are free to wear it.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband considered it an opportunity to dress up (which he never gets to do), so he wore a black suit pants and jacket, with a white shirt and patterned tie.

In the avatar picture, you can see the black suit and white shirt was worn again for the Oath Ceremony, this time with a "stars n stripes" tie.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My husband considered it an opportunity to dress up (which he never gets to do), so he wore a black suit pants and jacket, with a white shirt and patterned tie.

In the avatar picture, you can see the black suit and white shirt was worn again for the Oath Ceremony, this time with a "stars n stripes" tie.

Rene
Hi:

My good friend Merilee Snell had immigrated from her native Canada when a small child. She finally got around to naturalizing in her 40's. On the day of her swearing in, she wore a white blouse, white pants and a navy blazer with a bunting scarf! It matched the flag she was given in the ceremony.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:44 pm

I've been wearing my Canadian flag pin ever since my Big Day.

Well, also clothes. Otherwise the pin hurts.

"properly attired" might actually just mean "not naked".