What now? Help? :(

Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

amvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What now? Help? :(

So after completing an ESTA application and declaring 2 Visa B2 denials. It got yet another denial.

My question is... The last Visa denial was on August 23, when can a person re apply again? Would it look like the person's trying to much to get in the US? Even if its for vacation purposes?

What kind of strong ties can a person bring to their interview?

So far we got this: Police certificate(no record), Dr's letter, job letter, bank statements, housing letter, utility bills(phone, gas, internet, electricity bills), evidence of car payments, a family letter saying must return back with a photo and a copy of the address of the hotel website where one's staying.

What else could a person bring to make it seem they got strong ties?

Should we get the copy of the ESTA denial too?

Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What now? Help? :(

Originally Posted by amvc
My question is... The last Visa denial was on August 23, when can a person re apply again? Would it look like the person's trying to much to get in the US? Even if its for vacation purposes?
You can reapply anytime, but it's probably smarter not to reapply until something in your circumstances changes and overcomes whatever the previous denials were for. Why were you denied twice before?

What kind of strong ties can a person bring to their interview?
The kind you listed.

What else could a person bring to make it seem they got strong ties?
I think you listed pretty much all the typical things. Now instead of trying to find ties TO your country, try to find things that will indicate that you don't intend to immigrate to the USA. I have no idea what that might be, just thinking of another perspective to look at it.

Should we get the copy of the ESTA denial too?
Sure, why not.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Police certificate(no record), Dr's letter, job letter, bank statements, housing letter, utility bills(phone, gas, internet, electricity bills), evidence of car payments, a family letter saying must return back with a photo and a copy of the address of the hotel website where one's staying.
The police certificate doesn't prove anything unless your previous denial was because of an arrest issue. The doctor's letter doesn't prove anything unless perhaps you work there and it says you need to be back at work on a certain date. Utility bills don't prove anything. Family letter doesn't prove you need to be back by a certain date...tons of people immigrate to the USA and leave their family behind. Car payments can be made from overseas.

The things that look useful are the letter from employer stating specifically when you need to be back at work, mortgage or lease proof, bank statements showing you can cover the cost of your trip, and perhaps the hotel information.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:56 am

I see from your previous post here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682617 that it isn't you being denied, but your boyfriend.

Without having read through that entire thread or past threads, are you by any chance a USC that he's trying to come to the USA to visit?

If so, then it seems the ConOff thinks his real intent is to remain in the USA via marriage to you.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

I'm from Puerto Rico reside here I'm guessing that makes me USC then?
He has no intent on coming to marry me. This is the 1st visit basically so how can I prove he's not coming to marry me?

He got denied because of not enough information, strong ties the 1st time and the 2nd denial they didn't said the reason for denial... At all!

I really don't know what kinda circunstances need to change in order for him to apply again?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:10 am

I'm from Puerto Rico reside here I'm guessing that makes me USC then?
He has no intent on coming to marry me. This is the 1st visit basically so how can I prove he's not coming to marry me?

He got denied because of not enough information, strong ties the 1st time and the 2nd denial they didn't said the reason for denial... At all!

I really don't know what kinda circunstances need to change in order for him to apply again?
Well, he's welcome to try for another B2 visa, this time showing them that ESTA was denied. It's only a loss of the application fee. But other than what he showed already, I can't think of anything else he could do to prove he doesn't intend to marry you and stay in the USA.

If you are trying to meet face to face to start the K-1 process, then perhaps you could go see him instead?

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, he's welcome to try for another B2 visa, this time showing them that ESTA was denied. It's only a loss of the application fee. But other than what he showed already, I can't think of anything else he could do to prove he doesn't intend to marry you and stay in the USA.

If you are trying to meet face to face to start the K-1 process, then perhaps you could go see him instead?

Rene
We're not trying to start the K-1 process and I can't visit him anytime soon unfortunately

This is his 1st time visiting USA & Puerto Rico. He needs a vacation and in the same time he's going to come see me in P.R.

Could it be because of him being muslim? I know it seems silly but US Idk :/
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:30 am

We're not trying to start the K-1 process and I can't visit him anytime soon unfortunately
Then the meeting will most likely need to be postponed until you can make the trip to see him. If he just needs a vacation, there are plenty of places other the USA to go see. And if you guys are just looking to meet for the first time in person, that can also be accomplished outside the USA.

This is his 1st time visiting USA & Puerto Rico. He needs a vacation and in the same time he's going to come see me in P.R.
Maybe you guys can meet up in a 3rd country that is easier for him to get to...some other country in Europe. That way he gets his vacation, and you get to see each other.

Could it be because of him being muslim? I know it seems silly but US Idk :/
It actually doesn't seem all that silly. It isn't because he's Muslim, they cannot discriminate that way...but if he's originally from a high-fraud country, that could work against him. He's a UK citizen, right? But is he a naturalized UK citizen? Is he from a different country originally?

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Then the meeting will most likely need to be postponed until you can make the trip to see him. If he just needs a vacation, there are plenty of places other the USA to go see. And if you guys are just looking to meet for the first time in person, that can also be accomplished outside the USA.

Maybe you guys can meet up in a 3rd country that is easier for him to get to...some other country in Europe. That way he gets his vacation, and you get to see each other.

It actually doesn't seem all that silly. It isn't because he's Muslim, they cannot discriminate that way...but if he's originally from a high-fraud country, that could work against him. He's a UK citizen, right? But is he a naturalized UK citizen? Is he from a different country originally?

Rene
I can't travel anywhere at the moment. I was hoping he could visit me 1st and get his vacation here but in order to do that he gotta go through USA since its P.R.

I think even to enter P.R he needs a visa no matter what right? Idk

Thanks for the responses!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:47 am

I can't travel anywhere at the moment. I was hoping he could visit me 1st and get his vacation here but in order to do that he gotta go through USA since its P.R.
Not only will he go through the USA to get to PR, but he will be in the USA while he's in PR. Puerto Rico is considered part of the USA.

I think even to enter P.R he needs a visa no matter what right?
Well, he needs a visa now, because ESTA was denied, that's correct. Normally a person eligible for the VWP could use the VWP to visit Puerto Rico.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

So basically the only options at the moment its to try again with the Visa B2 showing the ESTA denial and the other strong ties and if that doesn't go I'm going to have to visit him.

He has a muslim name could he bring proof of him being UK citizen? Does that matter? Idk
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:54 am

So basically the only options at the moment its to try again with the Visa B2 showing the ESTA denial and the other strong ties and if that doesn't go I'm going to have to visit him.
Right.

He has a muslim name could he bring proof of him being UK citizen? Does that matter? Idk
Having a Muslim name might put him into further security checks if they want to issue a visa, but it wouldn't cause an outright denial like he's been getting. You never said if he's originally from a different country or not, that could have something to do with it.

I assume he brought his UK passport to his interview, so that's already proof that he's a UKC.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Right.

Having a Muslim name might put him into further security checks if they want to issue a visa, but it wouldn't cause an outright denial like he's been getting. You never said if he's originally from a different country or not, that could have something to do with it.

I assume he brought his UK passport to his interview, so that's already proof that he's a UKC.

Rene
He's not from a different country. He's a UK citizen & I forgot about the passport hehe

Could an ESTA denial be a change in circunstances to apply again?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:08 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... are you sure this person's intentions are genuine? I'm not saying this is whatis happening, but It wouldn't be the first time some US citizen has fallen for someone who was only interested in a green card. Marry... 2 years later and *p00f* they divorce you and then start the process to bring over the real wife and kids.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:15 am

Could an ESTA denial be a change in circunstances to apply again?
He can apply anytime, whether circumstances have changed or not. An ESTA denial is a change in his circumstances, but whether it will be enough to grant him a visa, no one knows.

My layman's guess is no, but the only person who knows for sure is the ConOff who looks at his paperwork next time he applies. Personally, I would NOT try again so soon...I'd let some time go by....maybe 6 months or more at least.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.