what next

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

antrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really nice
Default what next

I read somewhere that if you think the first forms where intense than just wait till you start with the next lot, they will really make your head explode. I'm curious just how much more exploded a head thats already exploded can go !

So if the I130s on its way what action can I take next. Do I just have to wait until I get the mysterious package sent to me? Whats that all about? Why do I have to wait for them to send me links to forms. Are they not the same forms that I could just download myself now? eg I 1864

Is now the time I get supporting documents together, i.e police certificates, get my wife and sister who is joint sponsore to order tax transcripts. Is three years each recommended. Whilst my head is already spinning what else can I do while I wait for first papers to be approved?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what next

Originally Posted by antrichard
Whilst my head is already spinning what else can I do while I wait for first papers to be approved?
I say this with all kindness... you really need to switch to decaf. Immigration is a long, slow process and not only have you already been obsessing over what's happened so far, you're actively looking for more to worry about. That's not healthy. Let the process proceed... and when you hear that one part is over, *then* you work on the next bit.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that if you think the first forms where intense than just wait till you start with the next lot, they will really make your head explode. I'm curious just how much more exploded a head thats already exploded can go !

So if the I130s on its way what action can I take next. Do I just have to wait until I get the mysterious package sent to me? Whats that all about? Why do I have to wait for them to send me links to forms. Are they not the same forms that I could just download myself now? eg I 1864

Is now the time I get supporting documents together, i.e police certificates, get my wife and sister who is joint sponsore to order tax transcripts. Is three years each recommended. Whilst my head is already spinning what else can I do while I wait for first papers to be approved?
Yes, now that the I-130 has been submitted, you can get your police report. You can view the forms you'll need to fill out when you get your package, and have them filled out ahead of time so you can make it go quicker when you DO get your package. Not sure if you can use the ones online as the final ones, but you can certainly use them to fill out now and get them finished so you can just copy the info to the new form if you need to use theirs.

Yes, the USC sponsor (and joint sponsor) should begin working on the I-864. Have them download it from online and fill it out so they won't have questions when the real one gets to her from NVC. Yes, order tax transcripts. There's nothing YOU can personally do about the I-864, but you can get the sponsors to start looking at the paperwork.

Otherwise, there isn't much YOU can do until you get direction from the embassy.

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The NVC is not involved with this case. They are doing DFC.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, now that the I-130 has been submitted, you can get your police report. You can view the forms you'll need to fill out when you get your package, and have them filled out ahead of time so you can make it go quicker when you DO get your package. Not sure if you can use the ones online as the final ones, but you can certainly use them to fill out now and get them finished so you can just copy the info to the new form if you need to use theirs.

Yes, the USC sponsor (and joint sponsor) should begin working on the I-864. Have them download it from online and fill it out so they won't have questions when the real one gets to her from NVC. Yes, order tax transcripts. There's nothing YOU can personally do about the I-864, but you can get the sponsors to start looking at the paperwork.

Otherwise, there isn't much YOU can do until you get direction from the embassy.

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Dislike me if you will but I have to ask what the heck are you doing to yourself? I know that you are driving the lot of us nuts but you must be certifiable by this time. Since this is your wife's petition and not yours, why the heck isn't she on here asking questions since she is the one to complete it, not you and she is the one to sign it, not you.

Whether it is because you are foreign or just anal (and that is not a bad thing, ask Secret Garden who is President of the club), I can't tell but the I-130 is not a complicated form. If this throws you, how are you going to cope with the rest of the process?

Yes, attorneys cost money but for people, such as yourself, they are a godsend to helping people who cannot complete forms or be organized and systematic in dealing with multiple step processing.

If you insist on doing this yourself, then I strongly suggest that you take the rest of the day and night and set up a list and/or chart for yourself on the process. Start with step one and continue onward from the download of the petitions and applications to the entrance into the US as a Conditional Permanent Resident and the removal of conditions two years after entry.

I believe Meauxna gave you a link for a step by step analysis of the process. Start there.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The NVC is not involved with this case. They are doing DFC.
Darn, you're right. No NVC involved...never mind what I posted.

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

antrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I say this with all kindness... you really need to switch to decaf. Immigration is a long, slow process and not only have you already been obsessing over what's happened so far, you're actively looking for more to worry about. That's not healthy. Let the process proceed... and when you hear that one part is over, *then* you work on the next bit.

Ian
Ok fair call, but not too helpful. Maybe take a leaf out of Rene's book. I was needing practical guidance, wasn't really after psychoanalytical guidance.
anyway, who needs coffee when your treading the immigration highway, a natural head spinner!
ciaou
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Dislike me if you will but I have to ask what the heck are you doing to yourself? I know that you are driving the lot of us nuts but you must be certifiable by this time. Since this is your wife's petition and not yours, why the heck isn't she on here asking questions since she is the one to complete it, not you and she is the one to sign it, not you.

Whether it is because you are foreign or just anal (and that is not a bad thing, ask Secret Garden who is President of the club), I can't tell but the I-130 is not a complicated form. If this throws you, how are you going to cope with the rest of the process?

Yes, attorneys cost money but for people, such as yourself, they are a godsend to helping people who cannot complete forms or be organized and systematic in dealing with multiple step processing.

If you insist on doing this yourself, then I strongly suggest that you take the rest of the day and night and set up a list and/or chart for yourself on the process. Start with step one and continue onward from the download of the petitions and applications to the entrance into the US as a Conditional Permanent Resident and the removal of conditions two years after entry.

I believe Meauxna gave you a link for a step by step analysis of the process. Start there.
Hey cool it with the insults. You have obviously been doing this kind of stuff for a long time and for you its second nature. For some of us its like learning to walk again. MAybe you just sat up one day and ran a marathon, but I need support and guidance to feel my way through this. Maybe your frustrated with some of the questions that get asked and need people to take more ownnership of their apllications. I having a hard time understanding though why you feel you need to respond to everything. Are you getting paid to do this? Its not that I dont appreciate the help, some of these postings have been very helpful and I am starting to get quite clear about whats going on and can see the big picture. Maybe you have an idea of when you think this penny should drop for people.

Maybe I,m misunderstanding the purpose of this forum. I dont know. If I am certified thats cool, cos I sure am sleeping well at night
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe take a leaf out of Rene's book.
Yes, Rene has been very patient with you... she's a saint by comparison to me. Perhaps it's my background in IT... I usually Google something when I don't know the answer and, once I find information (or conflicting information), then I ask questions in a public newsgroup to clarify. You prefer to just ask without, as you so eloquently put it, taking "more ownnership of their apllications" [sic]. Both avenues have their advantages and disadvantages, but my method applies the filter before posting. Still... whatever pumps your 'nads!

who needs coffee when your treading the immigration highway, a natural head spinner!
Well... no argument there!

Ian
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:05 am

Maybe take a leaf out of Rene's book.
You'll find all kinds of folks here...patient, impatient, knowledgeable, some not so knowledgeable, straightforward, vague, good attitude, poor attitude, etc. My advice is to ask questions, get answers where you can, and definitely do your own research...just because we answer doesn't mean we know best, either. Take everything with a grain of salt. The forum is a resource, in addition to all your other resources. And it's not good to compare people. Everyone is different.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
.........it's not good to compare people. Everyone is different.

Best Wishes,
Rene
So true........... but some are more different than others...

Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Elvira
So true........... but some are more different than others...

hehehe...I should have said unique. Everyone is unique. I suppose some are still more unique than others.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:47 am
Concierge

Ant

Rene is a saint which is one of the reasons why I chose her to be my co-moderator of this site . I'm just human and I meant no disrespect with my post.

Yes, I've walked in your shoes before with bringing a husband here on a K-1 and he is now and has been a US citizen since December 2003. Yes, my approach is and was different than yours. I read everythng I could on the forums wrote down my questions, asked on one post, and then wrote up a synopsis of what the entire procedure was before I started completing form. Forms don't confuse or make me second guess what they are asking for. I answered then truthfully. I didn't find it difficult. And all this was done before there were FAQ's and multiple websites and forums that could and would answer questions.

Ant, you will be fine. You are just disorganized and fearful and dealing with a wife who abhors England and can't wait to leave. I know this must be very very difficult for you.

Ask away and Rene and Ian and all the other wonderful people in the forum will assist you.

Rete

PS what insults?

Hey cool it with the insults. You have obviously been doing this kind of stuff for a long time and for you its second nature. For some of us its like learning to walk again. MAybe you just sat up one day and ran a marathon, but I need support and guidance to feel my way through this. Maybe your frustrated with some of the questions that get asked and need people to take more ownnership of their apllications. I having a hard time understanding though why you feel you need to respond to everything. Are you getting paid to do this? Its not that I dont appreciate the help, some of these postings have been very helpful and I am starting to get quite clear about whats going on and can see the big picture. Maybe you have an idea of when you think this penny should drop for people.

Maybe I,m misunderstanding the purpose of this forum. I dont know. If I am certified thats cool, cos I sure am sleeping well at night

Last edited by Rete; Sep 5th 2007 at 9:50 am.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:04 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ant,

The purpose of this forum is to help people find the information they need to come to their own conclusions and make their own decisions. It is not to give each person an individualized tutorial.

Regards, JEff

Maybe I,m misunderstanding the purpose of this forum.