What are my options?

Old Mar 21st 2018, 12:43 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are my options?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If there were other options, they would bee listed there. So no, that is a comprehensive list.
This is the comprehensive list: Immigrant and Non-immigrant Categories : British Expat Wiki

Includes a comprehensive cure for insomnia.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

nigelhorne is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you a musician? I know of two people in brass bands (one tuba player and one conductor) who were granted Green Cards under the 'individuals of extraordinary ability' route.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigelhorne
Are you a musician? I know of two people in brass bands (one tuba player and one conductor) who were granted Green Cards under the 'individuals of extraordinary ability' route.
I know someone who is a DJ and came over on an O1.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 12:08 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a model who apparently got an EB-1. Although her story sounds more like a B-2 with AOS following marriage to a very wealthy, much older, man.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a solid degree is a good option regardless.

However it’s a popular market too, unless you have unique skills of course competition may be high.

Lots of grads in the US too.

But don’t give up, make the journey as important as the goal. Get the degree and keep aiming for your goal. If you really want it you’ll get ther eventually.

I think it took me 10 years and I already started off far down the line.

But sometimes people be lucky too. You never know.

Good luck.

Btw America is massive. Didn’t see you said where. It’s quite different from region to region. None that different to the U.K. in many ways, but as a place to live permenantly really it’s a wide open choice of many trade offs.

Where do you want to live in the US? Are you studying computing because you like it? That helps, people who do it for only the career tend to be the lacklustre who don’t stand out for visas. Just my thoughts, your mileage may vary