Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What kind of money order should I have sent?

What kind of money order should I have sent?

Old Feb 7th 2002, 6:58 pm
Joe And Melinda

I got my I-130 back today. On it, it says "an international money order must be
payable through a US financial institution in US currency only." I got a US money
order at the Canadian post office here. Can anyone tell me what I should have done?
This is very disheartening.

Old Feb 7th 2002, 8:01 pm
Joe And Melinda

Thanks for the info. Do you recall if you had to specify to CIBC for it to say the
bank in the US would issue the funds? I guess I could go there tomorrow and get one
from CIBC if that would work. I truly don't know what else to do. Thanks again

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
problem
    >
    >
but
    >
    >
by
    >
not
    >
in
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 7th 2002, 8:09 pm
Trunk

Hi,

It probably means that INS does not accept the Money order issued by the Canadian
Post Office, even if it is in US dollars.

Basically it could mean that the place where they issue the money order to you should
be in the US.

I think the reasoning is that when the MO is issued in the US, it can be cashed the
same day, but the foreign one takes longer...

don't ask me why they do it, i think it is very stupid part of them, but that's INS
after all we're talking about

Trunk

>
    >
I
    >
    >

Old Feb 7th 2002, 8:15 pm
Joe And Melinda

Thanks for the information. How am I supposed to get a money order from the US? I'm
confused!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I got my I-130 back today. On it, it says "an international money[/usenetquote2]
order
[usenetquote2]> > must be payable through a US financial institution in US currency only."[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > got a US money order at the Canadian post office here. Can anyone tell[/usenetquote2]
me
[usenetquote2]> > what I should have done? This is very disheartening.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]