What Info In A Cable?

Old Dec 5th 2001, 9:25 pm
Michael D. Young

Hi All!

Vermont said my K-1 approval was cabled to the Manila embassy yesterday. What
information is included in the cable? Is everything from the I-129F sent or just my
fiancé name and DOB? She has a child, so I want to know if they will send any info
about the child being included on the petition.

Take care,

Mike

Old Dec 5th 2001, 11:56 pm
Trang Le

What exactly does it mean by Cable?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 5th 2001, 11:56 pm
Michael D. Young

Trang Le wrote:

>
    >

Hi All!

Well the way it was explained to me is it's something like an e-mail message to the
embassy to tell them your petition was approved. Just don't know how detailed of a
message they send. I requested that the approval be cabled, but I think Vermont does
it as standard practice anyway.

Take care,

Mike

Old Dec 6th 2001, 9:52 am
Isabelle

Hi Mike,

what is ur timeline for VSC approval? we had ours mailed 11/26 and received by VSC
11/29 via the return receipt. mind if i ask what place is ur fiancee? im from the
phils. too and my fiance is from virginia. we're hoping to receive any notice b4
christmas.

thanks for any info and good luck to both of you.

isabelle

"Michael D. Young" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 6th 2001, 10:21 am
Michael D. Young

isabelle wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi All

Vermont Processing Center

Mailed packet- 10/26 Received- 10/29 1st NOA- 11/13 Received 1st NOA-11/23 Approval-
11/29 Received 2nd NOA- 12/05 Cabled to embassy-12/04

Take care,

Mike

Old Dec 6th 2001, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Michael

The cable is just that a simple eletronic message advising the US Consulate of the service center's approval of the I-129F and it should include name/A#'s of the beneficiaries.

Be aware, however, that there are some US Consulates that will not act upon cable advise and will wait until they have the actual I-129F which is sent from the Service Center. The arrival of the hard copy could be one week to several months depending on how they choose to send the documentation. BTW the file contains everything that you sent them for the I-129F.

I'm not all that familiar with the Philipphines and/or some other countries so I can't tell you if they fall within the "must have actual file" consulates or not.

Rita
Old Dec 6th 2001, 2:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Michael,

I also am not familiar with how the embassy in the Philippines works, but I can tell you that my wife got her Packet #3 from the consulate in Bangkok only a few days after I received my NOA #2 in the mail from the VSC. By the time I called her to tell her to expect the packet, she already had it.

So, if your fiancee doesn't have her Packet #3 in a week to 10 days, you might want to call, fax, or e-mail the consulate in the Philippines (however they prefer to receive inquiries) to confirm that they've received the cable and ask how they proceed from there.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
Michael

The cable is just that a simple eletronic message advising the US Consulate of the service center's approval of the I-129F and it should include name/A#'s of the beneficiaries.

Be aware, however, that there are some US Consulates that will not act upon cable advise and will wait until they have the actual I-129F which is sent from the Service Center. The arrival of the hard copy could be one week to several months depending on how they choose to send the documentation. BTW the file contains everything that you sent them for the I-129F.

I'm not all that familiar with the Philipphines and/or some other countries so I can't tell you if they fall within the "must have actual file" consulates or not.

Rita
Old Dec 7th 2001, 10:53 am
Rita

Mike

Guess you are going to have to wait either way for the actual Notice of Approval to
arrive at your mailbox. Since we didn't have underage children to bring with Jim, not
sure if the children are listed on the NOA.

Have you looked up any of the Philipphine/American websites that NG users have set
up? They can be found either searching google or on the FAQ Page

Rita

Old Dec 7th 2001, 11:20 am
Jeffrey Hynds

Michael,

I still don't know what's in the cable, but I do know that my fiancee had a 10 year
old son who came with her. When she received her packet
#3 there was no mention of him specifically but the generic instruction
sheet and checklist, DSL-1076, said what to do if there was a K2 involved. Each item
on the checklist said what to do, if anything, for an accompanying child.

Be prepared for your fiancee's daughter to need OF-230I, OF-156 and OF-156(K), birth
certificate, photographs, and medical exam. The OF-230I asks for names of children
and, separately, accompanying children. OF-156 asks for names of accompanying
travelers. So your fiancee and her child will be cross-referenced on their paperwork.

Don't concern yourself with what ever's in the cable, just get started doing the
forms for both your fiancee and her daughter.

Regards, JEff

"Michael D. Young" wrote:
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Rete wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Michael The cable is just that a simple eletronic message advising the US[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Consulate of the service center's approval of the I-129F and it should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > include name/A#'s of the beneficiaries. Be aware, however, that there are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > some US Consulates that will not act upon cable advise and will wait until[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > they have the actual I-129F which is sent from the Service Center. The[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > arrival of the hard copy could be one week to several months depending on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > how they choose to send the documentation. BTW the file contains everything[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > that you sent them for the I-129F. I'm not all that familiar with the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Philipphines and/or some other countries so I can't tell you if they fall[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > within the "must have actual file" consulates or not. Rita[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Michael,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I also am not familiar with how the embassy in the Philippines works, but I can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > tell you that my wife got her Packet #3 from the consulate in Bangkok only a few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > days after I received my NOA #2 in the mail from the VSC. By the time I called[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > her to tell her to expect the packet, she already had it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So, if your fiancee doesn't have her Packet #3 in a week to 10 days, you might[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > want to call, fax, or e-mail the consulate in the Philippines (however they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > prefer to receive inquiries) to confirm that they've received the cable and ask[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > how they proceed from there.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards, JEff[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 7th 2001, 6:28 pm
Michael D. Young

Rita wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi All!

Well I received the approval notice in the mail a few days ago. It just has my fiancé
and my name listed. It's hard to get info, because women coming from the Philippines
normally don't have children. Plus they changed all the procedures as of 07/01/01, so
not a lot of history of the new process.

I guess I will just keep calling the embassy until they acknowledge the cable or my
paperwork arriving and take it from there.

Take care,

Mike

Old Dec 7th 2001, 6:38 pm
Michael D. Young

Jeffrey Hynds wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi All!

Well Manila is a whole different world. There are only two forms required since
07/01/01. The OF-156 and DS-156K. You submit all your documents at the medical exam
and there is no interview unless the embassy thinks it's necessary.
Basically, I think it's stall tactic, because they have all your
documents and you have no idea what's going on. When people call they are
told your application is being processed. I rather have an interview and
be able to present our case.

They already has everything her and her daughter needs, except my financial
documents. I have been holding off on sending those, since I have no idea when they
will submit their applications and I didn't want things to be out of date.

Take care,

Mike