Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What I need to take to K1 interview

What I need to take to K1 interview

Old May 15th 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

aklor is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face What I need to take to K1 interview

Hello all,

I know you're probably bored of being asked these same, tedious questions, but for my own peace of mind I need to double check.

I recently got the letter from the US Embassy confirming my interview date. It's next Monday.

I've been directed to this link:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...visaforms.html

and then the one that applies to me is the IV-19 Fiancee visa appointment letter, right?

And can someone confirm that the documents I need to furnish at the interview are:

- Birth Certificate (Original & Copy)

- UK Police Certificate (Original & Copy)

- Photographs (Original, US Size)

- Passport (Original)

- Evidence of support

I'm a bit confused about the Evidence of support. What do I need to show for that? Is it my own bank statements or my US Fiancee's bank statement?

If there's anything else I have missed out, please please please let me know.

Thanks in advance...
Old May 15th 2010, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What I need to take to K1 interview

Originally Posted by aklor
I'm a bit confused about the Evidence of support. What do I need to show for that? Is it my own bank statements or my US Fiancee's bank statement?
Unless you're able to self-sponsor, they'll want an I-134 from your fiancee plus supporting documentation.

Ian
Old May 15th 2010, 3:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Unless you're able to self-sponsor, they'll want an I-134 from your fiancee plus supporting documentation.

Ian
It could also mean evidence supporting the relationship...phone bills, cards, letters, texts, pictures, the stuff that was sent with the I-129F...

Bring it all, just in case.

Rene
Old May 15th 2010, 4:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There is a link to a separate page discussing Evidence of Support.. did you click through? Let me know if you can't find it.

edit: your link goes to the wrong page. Look here: Documents Required for the Visa Interview
Old May 15th 2010, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

aklor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

Honestly, I'm sick of the obsession US immigration seems to have with directing you to links. One links says one thing, another link says something else. Form I-134 isn't mentioned clearly anywhere.....neither is showing 'evidence of relationship'. If it wasn't for this forum, how is anyone supposed to know what to take?
Old May 15th 2010, 5:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

Honestly, I'm sick of the obsession US immigration seems to have with directing you to links. One links says one thing, another link says something else. Form I-134 isn't mentioned clearly anywhere.....neither is showing 'evidence of relationship'. If it wasn't for this forum, how is anyone supposed to know what to take?
I appreciate that it can be frustrating, and I know that when the stakes are high like this, everyone (self included) gets nervous and nitpicky. It's a good question, "if not for this forum..". Since the internet is a fairly new thing, what did people do before? They looked at the requirements, did their best to meet them/follow the instructions, and they stayed loose. They did what the Consular Officer told them to. Cases perhaps took longer to complete, or with multiple visits.

The instructions for a K visa have been laid down long before even I got here. Yes, you have to read a lot but some thousands make it every year. I'll bet you will too.

I see form I-134 specifically mentioned on the page I directed you to.
I don't think proof of an ongoing relationship is much requested at London. I see that it is not listed as a requirement for the interview.
Sometimes the forums can steer you wrong, too.