What happens next I130?

Old May 8th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

chrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nice
Default What happens next I130?

We submitted our i130 application for my husband. We received a receipt to say they have received it, that was mid march, when would we expect to hear something? Ids there anything we can do in the mean time to speed up the process?
Old May 8th 2009, 12:10 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens next I130?

I can tell you this...there is nothing to speed up the process, unfortunatley! You should hear something in the coming weeks-months I would assume... I know the i130 takes less time then the k1 visa route I took so I will keep my fingers crossed you hears something soon! Patience, we need loads of it during this process!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
I can tell you this...there is nothing to speed up the process, unfortunatley! You should hear something in the coming weeks-months I would assume... I know the i130 takes less time then the k1 visa route I took so I will keep my fingers crossed you hears something soon! Patience, we need loads of it during this process!
Actually, it's the other way around...the K-1 through London is taking about 6 to 8 months total, and the Immigrant Visa is taking around 8 to 10. Not a huge difference, though.

To the OP: I'd say it takes about 4 - 6 months for the I-130 approval, so give it another few months.

Rene
Old May 8th 2009, 4:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisandjulie
We submitted our i130 application for my husband. We received a receipt to say they have received it, that was mid march, when would we expect to hear something? Ids there anything we can do in the mean time to speed up the process?
You submitted your I-130 to a US Service Center, by your past posts (this makes a difference later on).

There is nothing you can do right now to influence the speed of the I-130 processing, but if you begin studying the visa application process now, you can save yourself some time down the road.

When the I-130 is approved, the USC petition will be notified, and the case transferred to the NVC/National Visa Center. This is when you change agencies, from USCIS to Dept of State.

Immigrant Visa Processing - The National Visa Center (NVC)

That page gets you started, and leads you through the document collection and other steps you'll need.

This site will also be helpful, but it's hard to navigate.
Visa Processing at the National Visa Center

The Immigrant Visa Interview

The Medical Examination
Old May 31st 2009, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

louisejhart is an unknown quantity at this point

If you haven't heard anything from USCIS by now, I would expect you to soon. My USC husband filed the I-130 March 11th, and after dealing with an RFE, our application was approved May 27th. This was with California service centre. I know all cases are different, but hang on in there!

Just got to wait for the NVC to do their thing now......!
Old May 31st 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

jbfaust is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed August 11 2008 to the Vermont Service Center and were approved March 5, 2009 (7 months). Their wait times were listed at over 6 months so checking the USCIS website for expected processing times is probably the best indicator.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:32 am
Just Joined

kel156 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jbfaust
We filed August 11 2008 to the Vermont Service Center and were approved March 5, 2009 (7 months). Their wait times were listed at over 6 months so checking the USCIS website for expected processing times is probably the best indicator.
Ours took 6 months - hang in there!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

chrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nicechrisandjulie is just really nice

Thanks for that, I'm slightly confused though, I thought that after it was approved by the USC it then goes to the embassy in the relevant country. So I presume NVC is the stage before that. Would that mean my wife (USC) will have an interview with the NVC before I hear anything?

Originally Posted by meauxna
You submitted your I-130 to a US Service Center, by your past posts (this makes a difference later on).

There is nothing you can do right now to influence the speed of the I-130 processing, but if you begin studying the visa application process now, you can save yourself some time down the road.

When the I-130 is approved, the USC petition will be notified, and the case transferred to the NVC/National Visa Center. This is when you change agencies, from USCIS to Dept of State.

Immigrant Visa Processing - The National Visa Center (NVC)

That page gets you started, and leads you through the document collection and other steps you'll need.

This site will also be helpful, but it's hard to navigate.

The Immigrant Visa Interview

The Medical Examination
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I'm slightly confused though, I thought that after it was approved by the USC it then goes to the embassy in the relevant country. So I presume NVC is the stage before that. Would that mean my wife (USC) will have an interview with the NVC before I hear anything?

No. Please read the link that Meauxna provided on the NVC. It is self-explantory.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

I did....thats what confused me!

Originally Posted by Rete
No. Please read the link that Meauxna provided on the NVC. It is self-explantory.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Would that mean my wife (USC) will have an interview with the NVC before I hear anything?
Why would they interview the USC? It's not the USC that is trying to get to the US.

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I did....thats what confused me!

LOL

The NVC is the center will the I-130 is sent after approval. They will contact the USC for their affidavit of support (I-864) and the fee for its processing and to ask who is the agent of choice. After the affidavit is returned to them and approved it will then be forwarded to the US Consulate in London.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

National Visa Center

General Information

In April of 1994, the Department of State opened a permanent Immigrant Visa processing facility at the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, NH. The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad.

Every month, the Visa Office (VO) establishes Qualifying Dates that determine if a petition will be eligible for processing. Qualifying Dates are the latest priority dates that can be processed for certain visa categories. An immigrant visa petition can only become ready for further processing when the Qualifying Date in the appropriate visa category has advanced up to the priority date of the petition. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant.

NVC’s Role

The NVC is responsible for the collection of visa application fees and visa application documentation. When an applicant's priority date meets the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will contact the applicant and petitioner with instructions for submitting the appropriate processing fees. After the appropriate processing fees are paid, the NVC will again contact the applicant and petitioner to request that the necessary immigrant visa documentation be submitted to the NVC.

Visa Questions

* Frequently Asked Questions
* NVC Contact Information

From the second link in that list:

On receipt of the approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), the National Visa Center (NVC) will send the beneficiary (visa applicant) the Form DS-3032, Agent of Choice and Address Letter and the petitioner an Affidavit of Support, processing fee bill.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

How much are the fees? I cant find it on the site, this is one fee i missed by the looks of it!

Originally Posted by meauxna
National Visa Center

General Information

In April of 1994, the Department of State opened a permanent Immigrant Visa processing facility at the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, NH. The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad.

Every month, the Visa Office (VO) establishes Qualifying Dates that determine if a petition will be eligible for processing. Qualifying Dates are the latest priority dates that can be processed for certain visa categories. An immigrant visa petition can only become ready for further processing when the Qualifying Date in the appropriate visa category has advanced up to the priority date of the petition. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant.

NVC’s Role

The NVC is responsible for the collection of visa application fees and visa application documentation. When an applicant's priority date meets the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will contact the applicant and petitioner with instructions for submitting the appropriate processing fees. After the appropriate processing fees are paid, the NVC will again contact the applicant and petitioner to request that the necessary immigrant visa documentation be submitted to the NVC.

Visa Questions

* Frequently Asked Questions
* NVC Contact Information

From the second link in that list:

On receipt of the approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), the National Visa Center (NVC) will send the beneficiary (visa applicant) the Form DS-3032, Agent of Choice and Address Letter and the petitioner an Affidavit of Support, processing fee bill.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How much are the fees?
All the current fees are posted on the forms page at www.uscis.gov.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.