What happens next?

Old Oct 18th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

mattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nice
Default What happens next?

Hi

I am a UK citizen married to an american lady. We got married in Oregon in 2008

I have submitted an I-230, police record, MOC, birth regsitration cert, 2" x 2" photos, bla diddly bla. I've coughed up the $400 fee for the Immigrant Visa application.

What happens next?

Who long does the process take?

Thanks for your help

M
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens next?

Where are you now? I assume you mean an I-130 not 230. Why did you submit it. It is not your petition, it is the petition of the USC for their alien spouse? Where was it submitted? You left out a lot of details on which an answer would rely.

Originally Posted by mattsta
Hi

I have submitted an I-230, police record, MOC, birth regsitration cert, 2" x 2" photos, bla diddly bla. I've coughed up the $400 fee for the Immigrant Visa application.

What happens next?

Thanks for your help

M
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

mattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nicemattsta is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Where are you now? I assume you mean an I-130 not 230. Why did you submit it. It is not your petition, it is the petition of the USC for their alien spouse? Where was it submitted? You left out a lot of details on which an answer would rely.
Sorry

I'm such dumbo I posted the wrong form number

It's the DS-230, not the I-230

So my wife is submitting the application on my behalf from the USA. I have sent her the paperwork mentioned above, namely....

Birth Registration Cert

Biometric passport page (colour copy)

ACPO report

Memorandum of conviction (one offense on record, 10 years ago, misdemeanour)

2" x 2" photos

Certified marriage certficate

Sorry. I really don't understand the proces at all. The US immigration website is the most hideously complicated, badly explained, badly designed piece of garbage I've ever visited on the internet. You need a bloody doctorate in patience to understand it.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

$400 is the right amount for the DS-230 with security surcharge, but "bla diddly bla" is hardly a sufficient description of the situation!

Regards, JEff

Hi

What happens next?

Thanks for your help

M
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

Which web site are you referring to? At this point you should be looking at the NVC's pages at travel.state.gov.

Perhaps the British Expats' Wiki would help you sort some things out.

Regards, JEff

Sorry. I really don't understand the proces at all. The US immigration website is the most hideously complicated, badly explained, badly designed piece of garbage I've ever visited on the internet. You need a bloody doctorate in patience to understand it.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
$400 is the right amount for the DS-230 with security surcharge, but "bla diddly bla" is hardly a sufficient description of the situation!

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff

What other information do you require?

The situation is quite simple really. My wife is a US citizen. I am stuck here in this totalitarian state hoping I can get out before the EU stops anyone leaving altogether.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 7:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry

Actually USCIS explains quite nicely. However, you don't belong on the USCIS website because you are not inside of the US. You are residing outside of it. Hence, you need to look at the US Consulate's London website.

You haven't mentioned if the I-130 has been approved and if the National Visa Center has forwarded the paperwork on to the US Consulate. You haven't mentioned if you have received the package #3 from the US Consulate. You haven't mentioned if you have received an appointment for your medical.

I understand your frustration but you have access to this website for a while now. Why have you not availed yourself of whatever knowledge we've gleamed through experience, trial and error over the years?

And if not you? Why isn't your wife here asking questions?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

ddagmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually USCIS explains quite nicely. However, you don't belong on the USCIS website because you are not inside of the US. You are residing outside of it. Hence, you need to look at the US Consulate's London website.

You haven't mentioned if the I-130 has been approved and if the National Visa Center has forwarded the paperwork on to the US Consulate. You haven't mentioned if you have received the package #3 from the US Consulate. You haven't mentioned if you have received an appointment for your medical.

I understand your frustration but you have access to this website for a while now. Why have you not availed yourself of whatever knowledge we've gleamed through experience, trial and error over the years?

And if not you? Why isn't your wife here asking questions?
Hi there. This is the wife. The I-13O has been approved and we have paid for the visa application and the Aff. of Sup. I was out, and not home to help him with the questions on the application form and so he tried to locate the information online with USCIS. I am the paper pusher in this union and he is the...well, shall we say, his assets are many but not in this particular department. I live in Oregon, and he is in England and with the 8hrs time difference we sometimes miss our contact window here online.

Thank you, all, for your help.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:14 am
Concierge

Hi Dagmar

That was my oldest sister's name and I love it. Welcome to BE.

So he has sent back his checklist then to the US Consulate and is awaiting his appointment for the medical and the interview. They have been a bit lax of date so I would say allow them about 4 weeks to get back to you. If nothing is heard by then, then e-mail them as with the postal strike you never know if something was sent and not received.

PS Figured you were the paper pusher which is why I asked about your whereabouts.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rete: London interviewees book their own medical! Just noticed that you've said it the other way a couple of times & we dont' want a panic now, do we.

The NVC will set the interview date however, once the applicant + Agent get the "case complete" message.

Hi from Oregon ddagmar.
THere are 2 fee bills to pay, the IV fee and the I-864 fee. Can't tell if you have already done both.

the NVC steps are detailed here: Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants and in the link on the London consular site.

Still can't answer 'how long' without knowing what you've done but it will probably be a month+ from 'case complete' to interview.

edit: a quick look shows that you paid these fees a long time ago. You've been working on this case a long time, so the answer to your question will probably best be answered with a call to the NVC tomorrow.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

ddagmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Rete: London interviewees book their own medical! Just noticed that you've said it the other way a couple of times & we dont' want a panic now, do we.

The NVC will set the interview date however, once the applicant + Agent get the "case complete" message.

Hi from Oregon ddagmar.
THere are 2 fee bills to pay, the IV fee and the I-864 fee. Can't tell if you have already done both.

the NVC steps are detailed here: Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants and in the link on the London consular site.

Still can't answer 'how long' without knowing what you've done but it will probably be a month+ from 'case complete' to interview.

edit: a quick look shows that you paid these fees a long time ago. You've been working on this case a long time, so the answer to your question will probably best be answered with a call to the NVC tomorrow.
Yes, the IV and I-864 fees have been paid...so it is down to...hope the mail delivers and then then check off the days to his notification of interview date and to then schedule & pay for the medical. Thank you all for your great work here!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:12 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by meauxna
Someone corrected me about a month ago when I said you made your own appointment and they NO the US Consulate sends you the appointment date.

I wish people would get their info straight so that I can LOL
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:44 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...hread.php?t=12

http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...aflowchart.php

http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/forum/nvc.php