Wikiposts

What else does the MSC process??

Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:40 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default What else does the MSC process??

Hi All,

There was note made the other day in a thread about the MSC taking over the processing of something else and maybe that was part of the slow down for 129F for K3 approvals?!?!??!? I can't remember what it was now. Does anyone know? Or can you point me back to that thread?

Thanks,

Leslie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What else does the MSC process??

Leslie,

Take a look at the processing reports on the AILA web site, or on Matt Udall's site.

You'll see that the centers process a lot of things besides I-129f and I-130. Kinda puts things in perspective - it's a big world out there....

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi All,

There was note made the other day in a thread about the MSC taking over the processing of something else and maybe that was part of the slow down for 129F for K3 approvals?!?!??!? I can't remember what it was now. Does anyone know? Or can you point me back to that thread?

Thanks,

Leslie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Leslie,

Take a look at the processing reports on the AILA web site, or on Matt Udall's site.

You'll see that the centers process a lot of things besides I-129f and I-130. Kinda puts things in perspective - it's a big world out there....
Progress reports? What #$#%%*ing progress reports?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:04 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
I repost those numbers on my page located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm if you are interested in seeing the reports.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Note the difference in wording: "processing reports" vs. "progress reports".

Processing reports are published by the service centers. It doesn't necessarily mean they show any progress. :-)

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

lp,

I didn't say "Progress reports". I said "processing reports".

Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi All,

Thanks,

Leslie

Leslie:

Read my post "New procedure for AOS via NYC" for the entire 411.

In short, it seems my husbands AOS application which was mailed to NYC district office was forward to MSC or National Benefits Center, whatever you wanna call it for processing. That was great news for us because NBC is processing I-485 dated 4/2003 vs. NYC processing still in the year 2001 I believe!!!!

We lucked out, may be so. We'll just have to wait and see.

~Claudia
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:35 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by claudia13839
In short, it seems my husbands AOS application which was mailed to NYC district office was forward to MSC or National Benefits Center, whatever you wanna call it for processing. That was great news for us because NBC is processing I-485 dated 4/2003 vs. NYC processing still in the year 2001 I believe!!!!

We lucked out, may be so. We'll just have to wait and see.

~Claudia
Don’t start counting your chickens yet, Claudia.

The NBC (former MSC) has been taking I-485’s for quite a while, but since I don’t do that sort of I-485 work I’m not that familiar with those types of I-485 cases. But since they always did the other types of I-485 cases, of course they list I-485’s on their reports.

However under the new procedures that we have been talking about (where the local offices forward the family based I-485 packages to the NBC for processing of the EAD’s and AP’s) I believe (and I could certainly be wrong about this as this is a new procedure that I’ve not tried yet) once the EAD’s and AP’s are processed at the NBC, I believe the I-485 case is then sent back to the local office for processing.

Again, this is all new so I could certainly be wrong about this.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 15th 2003 at 10:38 am.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Don’t start counting your chickens yet, Claudia.

The NBC (former MSC) has been taking I-485’s for quite a while, but since I don’t do that sort of I-485 work I’m not that familiar with those types of I-485 cases. But since they always did the other types of I-485 cases, of course they list I-485’s on their reports.

However under the new procedures that we have been talking about (where the local offices forward the family based I-485 packages to the NBC for processing of the EAD’s and AP’s) I believe (and I could certainly be wrong about this as this is a new procedure that I’ve not tried yet) once the EAD’s and AP’s are processed at the NBC, I believe the I-485 case is then sent back to the local office for processing.

Again, this is all new so I could certainly be wrong about this.

I believe you are incorrect in your assumptions. The reasons are as follows. My husband did not apply for an EAD or for AP !! He already has the EAD. And since he is here on a K3 visa, he does not need to apply for AP.

BTW,

The I-797 Notice of Action we received clearly states the receipt of a I-485 Application with an "MSC-xx-xxx-xxxxx" number.

I'm still keeping my hopes up.

~Claudia
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by claudia13839
I believe you are incorrect in your assumptions. The reasons are as follows. My husband did not apply for an EAD or for AP !! He already has the EAD. And since he is here on a K3 visa, he does not need to apply for AP.

BTW,

The I-797 Notice of Action we received clearly states the receipt of a I-485 Application with an "MSC-xx-xxx-xxxxx" number.

I'm still keeping my hopes up.

~Claudia
Hi Claudia,
I do not doubt you received a receipt from the NBC for the I-485, as that is the new procedure we are talking about. What I “am� saying is that they used to process (other types of) I-485’s at the NBC even “before� this new procedure came out recently, and I believe the dates listed on the NBC reports for I-485 reflect the other types of I-485 that have always been filed and processed at the NBC.

While they now send the family based I-485 cases from the local offices to the NBC for the EAD and AP work, they “also� send them there simply for “intake and initial processing�. At least, that is what the blurb we received from AILA earlier this month said. I’ll paste it in below for you.

Since a family based I-485 is going to eventually be sent “back� to the local office for final adjudication, I believe it might be the work load at the local office that will govern the speed in which your husband’s I-485 is eventually approved, not the date listed on the NBC reports for the type of I-485 cases they keep at the NBC and adjudicate at the NBC… but again, as this is brand new, I could certainly be wrong in my speculations.

M.U.

-//-

USCIS has advised AILA that within the next 3 months, and starting immediately in some districts, all new family-based filings that are sent to the USCIS local offices will be forwarded to the National Benefits Center (“NBC�, formerly known as the Missouri Service Center) for intake and initial processing, including processing of employment authorization documents (EADs) and advance paroles. USCIS indicates that this action is being taken to speed processing of those ancillary benefits and, ultimately, of the entire package. After initial processing, the adjustment applications will be returned to the local offices for interviews.