Nvc

Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:47 pm
GiveMeStrength

Default Nvc

Question - Is there an automated phone system for NVC to check on the status of our I129F petition or is the only way to get a status is through is by actually talking to an operator?

Its only been 6 days since we've gotten our approval so I hate to start calling so soon!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe for I-129F's you must speak to a live person. Call 603-334-0700 M-F between 8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. Press 1, then 2, to speak to a live operator. Call anytime, they're very nice there! You never know, you might have good news waiting for you! You need to give them the beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and your service center case number the first time you call. Good luck!

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct, they don't store our information online at all. It would probably cut their person-to-person calls down by 75% if they did....Ah, bureaucracy!
Old Oct 16th 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. USA/Salva formerly Argentinanow home Cuba
crews1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deana and Everybody!!

I called NVC yesterday and please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I heard the automated response voice say the hours were until 8:45pm. If this is correct it would be a change in the hours of operation. Anybody know??
Deana, good luck to you!!

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:37 pm
GiveMeStrength

Toria,
Are you STILL waiting on NVC? Wow! I hope you hear something back soon!

I just called NVC and they don't show our petition in their system yet...guess I'll try again next week sometime.

-Deanna

Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Deanna,

I don't think we're waiting on NVC. They've said it's out of their hands. I think we're waiting on the Consular staff at the Embassy to process the petition.

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:09 pm
GiveMeStrength

Toria,
You're going thru B.A., right? Do you know how long they've been sittin on it?

Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:12 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey

Hey there Givemestrength!!!
Are you from Argentina??.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Deanna,

The NVC CONDOR was done on 7/30/03. When I called to inquire as I had been doing EVERY morning, the CSR said CONDOR was complete and that it would go out on the first of August. I have to give her the benefit of the doubt because:

1. she may not have known that maybe they weren't REALLY done with the CONDOR. Perhaps they must wait for a time period, (2weeks?) before sending the petition on.

2. there's an outside chance the petition was sent to Havana, Cuba instead of Buenos Aires, I know it's a stretch but possible.

My best guest is that once the petition was finally forwarded to B.A. on Aug 12, it reached the embassy 5-10 business days after the 12th.

I think it has been sitting somewhere at the embassy for almost 60 days now.

Help guys!!

Toria
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:02 pm
GiveMeStrength

Toria,
Is is possible to contact NVC and have them send duplicate paperwork to the consulate since it appears that your paperwok is lost and B.A. can't seem to find it? Or can you contact the consulate and have them contact NVC on your behalf?

I would definitely contact a congressman as the paperwork should've arrived to B.A. by now!

Please keep us posted on any new information on your case and I'm hoping that your paperwork is found soon!

Tweeky,
I'm from Colorado and my fiance is from Argentina!

David,
Congrats on getting your petition sent thru NVC and on to the final step in the process. I'm hoping ours goes as smoothly as yours!

Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Deanna,

I think I'll fax NVC tomorrow and ask them to please research the problem for us. Thanks so much!!

Toria