What does this mean?

Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:54 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold
Angry What does this mean?

I have already posted this on Visa Journey, but does anybody know what this means:

Receipt Number: EAC**********

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

A duplicate notice on this case was mailed on April 22, 2005..........

We had an email on the 11th saying our petition was approved, but have heard nothing since. I called NVC last Friday and they had not yet received the case (and just now checked again), and as far as I know nothing has arrived at our US address.

We had changed the address halfway through (wrong zip code so NOA1 never arrived). Is it possible that they have been too lazy to update the address and the wrong one is still on the application? Looks like another phone call to the misinformation line.......great.

Are VSC likely to be holding onto our petition until we have received the NOA2 in the mail? or would they have already sent it to the NVC? I don't want to find out they were waiting on sending to NVC when it sounds like they have not updated our address which is causing the problem. I know it can take a few weeks for the petition to get from the service center to the NVC, but surely it should have arrived from Vermont in 2 weeks if they had already mailed it.

Thanks.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does this mean?

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
I have already posted this on Visa Journey, but does anybody know what this means:

Receipt Number: EAC**********

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

A duplicate notice on this case was mailed on April 22, 2005..........

We had an email on the 11th saying our petition was approved, but have heard nothing since. I called NVC last Friday and they had not yet received the case (and just now checked again), and as far as I know nothing has arrived at our US address.

We had changed the address halfway through (wrong zip code so NOA1 never arrived). Is it possible that they have been too lazy to update the address and the wrong one is still on the application? Looks like another phone call to the misinformation line.......great.

Are VSC likely to be holding onto our petition until we have received the NOA2 in the mail? or would they have already sent it to the NVC? I don't want to find out they were waiting on sending to NVC when it sounds like they have not updated our address which is causing the problem. I know it can take a few weeks for the petition to get from the service center to the NVC, but surely it should have arrived from Vermont in 2 weeks if they had already mailed it.

Thanks.

Did you bother to change the address with VSC or did you just call the 1-800 number? You needed to change the address with the service center as well.

Your notice is exactly what it says. A duplicate NOA was sent to you. What is there to question in that regard? It would appear from deductive reasoning that the original was returned to them as undeliverable and thus they sent it out a second time. Did they send it to the correct zip code? Your guess is as good as ours. As for not having required the second one, I would assume that if they sent it out on the 22nd of April and two is only the 26 and one of those days was a Sunday without mail delivery that if it were going to the correct zip code it will be there by the end of this week.

I have to ask why you would think they were too "lazy" to correct the misinformation you gave them? Wonder if they are sitting there thinking you were to ignorant to know what your zip code is. Sorry but they deserve to be called on the carpet for many things but not for your inability to complete and proof read the petition for accuracy.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:31 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
Did you bother to change the address with VSC or did you just call the 1-800 number? You needed to change the address with the service center as well.
When looking to change the address, all I could find was to call the 1-800 number, nowhere could I find any information about contacting the service center directly. Do you know where I can find contact details so that I can change the address there?

I have to ask why you would think they were too "lazy" to correct the misinformation you gave them? Wonder if they are sitting there thinking you were to ignorant to know what your zip code is.
Our US address used to be served by 2 different zip codes, it's out in the middle of nowhere and so you could use either zip code and post would arrive. Something to do with the area being covered by 2 post offices because of its location. Recently this changed and the area is now only covered by 1 post office, and so only has the 1 zip code. Sods law that the zip code we used was the one that is now no longer valid, it had nothing to do with proof reading our application before sending it in.

And its fair to assume that they are too lazy when you call the customer service line (note customer service) and speak to an immigration officer who tells you that they can change the address on the application, and that there would be no problems. Nothing was mentioned about seperately contacting the service center, so it would be fair to assume that the address would have been changed. On the USCIS website it tells you to call the 1-800 number if you need to change any details on your application:

Copied from the USCIS website:

Change of Address - for Applications or Petitions pending at a Service Center

If you have a pending application or petition at a service center, call the NCSC toll-free number at 1-800-375-5283 when you move to report your address change.

So we can come to the conclusion that someone at the USCIS (or VSC) screwed up and did not change the address. Whether you want to call that lazy or not is up to you.

I realize that this is a duplicate NOA, however am more interested in whether it will have any effect on the case going to the NVC than whether or not this is a duplicate NOA.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't tell you about where to find the information as why you should contact the service center as well as call the misinformation line. It is just something that is "known" that when you file an AR-11 for a change of address which I'm assuming you have done, that you also send a copy of that as well as to the district office and service center where you petitions are being processed.

Rete

When looking to change the address, all I could find was to call the 1-800 number, nowhere could I find any information about contacting the service center directly. Do you know where I can find contact details so that I can change the address there?

Our US address used to be served by 2 different zip codes, it's out in the middle of nowhere and so you could use either zip code and post would arrive. Something to do with the area being covered by 2 post offices because of its location. Recently this changed and the area is now only covered by 1 post office, and so only has the 1 zip code. Sods law that the zip code we used was the one that is now no longer valid, it had nothing to do with proof reading our application before sending it in.

And its fair to assume that they are too lazy when you call the customer service line (note customer service) and speak to an immigration officer who tells you that they can change the address on the application, and that there would be no problems. Nothing was mentioned about seperately contacting the service center, so it would be fair to assume that the address would have been changed. On the USCIS website it tells you to call the 1-800 number if you need to change any details on your application:

Copied from the USCIS website:

Change of Address - for Applications or Petitions pending at a Service Center

If you have a pending application or petition at a service center, call the NCSC toll-free number at 1-800-375-5283 when you move to report your address change.

So we can come to the conclusion that someone at the USCIS (or VSC) screwed up and did not change the address. Whether you want to call that lazy or not is up to you.

I realize that this is a duplicate NOA, however am more interested in whether it will have any effect on the case going to the NVC than whether or not this is a duplicate NOA.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Does one file an AR-11 if one is not yet in the USA? Don't know if Mr(s). nai_in_av is in the USA or not, but (s)he may not be if nai_in_av is anxious for the petition to get to the NVC.

Either way, filing AR-11 does not get the address on pending petitions or applications updated. The information goes to Kentucky and stays there - correct?

Regards, JEff

Sorry can't tell you about where to find the information as why you should contact the service center as well as call the misinformation line. It is just something that is "known" that when you file an AR-11 for a change of address which I'm assuming you have done, that you also send a copy of that as well as to the district office and service center where you petitions are being processed.

Rete
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:18 pm
Just a rock in the rain

Jeffreyhy you beat me to it, I was just going to reply that the AR-11 is only if you are already in the USA, at least thats what it says on the USCIS website on the download page for this form To report the change of address of an alien in the United States

As I am not currently in the US, I did not think that this form would be needed. I think we will call the information line later and try to get this sorted out.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

n_i_a,

Not that it should make any difference, but when you call the customer [dis]service line you do not speak to an immigration office. You speak to contract personnel, and only in unusual circumstances can you get your call transferred to an immigration officer.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:23 pm
Just a rock in the rain

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
n_i_a,

Not that it should make any difference, but when you call the customer [dis]service line you do not speak to an immigration office. You speak to contract personnel, and only in unusual circumstances can you get your call transferred to an immigration officer.

Regards, JEff
I think when we called originally to change the address we were transferred, we spoke to one person who took our details, and asked what we were calling for, they then transferred us to what I believed was an immigartion officer.

Hopefully when we call again later the wait is not going to be too long.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:36 pm

n_i_a,

Your posts are a bit confusing, please don't use 'we' so much. And are you are the USC or the alien spouse?

Regards, JEff

Jeffreyhy you beat me to it, I was just going to reply that the AR-11 is only if you are already in the USA, at least thats what it says on the USCIS website on the download page for this form To report the change of address of an alien in the United States

As I am not currently in the US, I did not think that this form would be needed. I think we will call the information line later and try to get this sorted out.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:39 pm
Concierge

Rete,

Does one file an AR-11 if one is not yet in the USA? Don't know if Mr(s). nai_in_av is in the USA or not, but (s)he may not be if nai_in_av is anxious for the petition to get to the NVC.

Either way, filing AR-11 does not get the address on pending petitions or applications updated. The information goes to Kentucky and stays there - correct?

Regards, JEff

You know they don't if they are not in the US. I didn't say that he/she was suppose to send an AR-11 just what posters here normally suggest to those who have to change addresses once a petition is in the system.

Right the information is for the Homeland Security.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:42 pm

Rete,

No, but you did say that you assumed n_i_a had sent the AR-11.

Regards, JEff

... I didn't say that he/she was suppose to send an AR-11 ....
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:40 pm
Concierge

Rete,

No, but you did say that you assumed n_i_a had sent the AR-11.

Regards, JEff

Very true ... I did assume that.