Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

what to do whilst waiting for e 2 visa?

what to do whilst waiting for e 2 visa?

Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:15 pm
Banned

england1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what to do whilst waiting for e 2 visa?

hi my question is , we`ve bought a home in florida, we`re closing on a business in escrow on sept 1st, we`re moving out with kids and dogs on that date, the business owner is going to show us the ropes but i`m aware it could take up to 6 months to get through london embassy, how are we supposed to a. get by? and b. keep the business owner happy until visa time?
oh and will our cd system work over there ? is there a transformer available?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to do whilst waiting for e 2 visa?

Originally Posted by england1
hi my question is , we`ve bought a home in florida, we`re closing on a business in escrow on sept 1st, we`re moving out with kids and dogs on that date, the business owner is going to show us the ropes but i`m aware it could take up to 6 months to get through london embassy, how are we supposed to a. get by? and b. keep the business owner happy until visa time?
oh and will our cd system work over there ? is there a transformer available?
Your contract with the business should have been subject to visa
To do otherwise is foolhardy.. your legal advisor did a poor job ..
What will you do if the visa is refused ..

CD player are cheap enough ..buy new ...
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Your contract with the business should have been subject to visa
To do otherwise is foolhardy.. your legal advisor did a poor job ..
What will you do if the visa is refused ..

CD player are cheap enough ..buy new ...
thanks, of course it`s subject to attaining visa i mean what are we supposed to do for six months ( thumbs will be worn away twiddling !!! )
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, of course it`s subject to attaining visa i mean what are we supposed to do for six months ( thumbs will be worn away twiddling !!! )
Thank God.... seen too many go down in flames doing that way ...
Carry on working in the UK ...until the visa arrives ...

Here is a E-2 florida site ...www.thefloridaforums.com
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray

you don`t seem to grasp what we`re doing we are moving out there full time to see how the business works we`ve already rented out our english home so we must stay in florida
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how are we supposed to a. get by? and b. keep the business owner happy until visa time?
I just don't understand people who do things ass backwards! How can you buy a home and plan to move your family and pets when you do *not* yet have a visa? The business deal aside, what will you do if you don't get the visa? You've bought a home you can't use and the US housing market is quite volatile just now... great for the buyer, lousy for the seller! You could lose a fair bit of money. But hey... as long as you're happy, well... that's all that's important, right?

Ian
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

hi my question is , we`ve bought a home in florida, we`re closing on a business in escrow on sept 1st, we`re moving out with kids and dogs on that date, the business owner is going to show us the ropes but i`m aware it could take up to 6 months to get through london embassy,
Am I reading this right? You are planning to move your family to Florida on Sept. 1, but you don't have your visas yet? Please tell me that's not what you're about to try...
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:56 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

The OP seems to be set on moving in just a few days:

"we`re closing on a business in escrow on sept 1st, we`re moving out with kids and dogs on that date"

Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:55 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

you don`t seem to grasp what we`re doing we are moving out there full time to see how the business works we`ve already rented out our english home so we must stay in florida
There's no "must" about it: most of the world that is not your English home is also not Florida. There are many, many non-Florida, non-"your English home" places to stay.

You're choosing to do this, and it sound as though you may be putting yourself in a difficult position.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:08 am
Ray

Without a visa ....of any sort Which they may well want to see to release your goods...Presuming your using the visa waiver ..I really can see you coming back on the next flight ..
You cant just up and move countries with the whole family and dog until the visa is sorted ...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:51 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Without a visa ....of any sort Which they may well want to see to release your goods...Presuming your using the visa waiver ..I really can see you coming back on the next flight ..
You cant just up and move countries with the whole family and dog until the visa is sorted ...
I feel sorry for the dogs...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
I feel sorry for the dogs...
Seems to rememebr a posting about a cat, owner, plus presumably the cat, was on the next plane home.

Don't the kids have to go to school? They age out at 21 so presume they are of school age.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

you don`t seem to grasp what we`re doing...
We grasp what you're doing. You don't seem to grasp how US immigration works. It's a shame you didn't do some research before making these life-changing decisions.

... we`ve already rented out our english home...
Umm... bad decision!

... so we must stay in florida
I think it's great that the dogs will still love you unconditionally!

Ian
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
We grasp what you're doing. You don't seem to grasp how US immigration works. It's a shame you didn't do some research before making these life-changing decisions.

Umm... bad decision!

I think it's great that the dogs will still love you unconditionally!

Ian
so we should leave the dogs in the uk then? in kennels for 6 months thats a really great idea thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

so we should leave the dogs in the uk then? in kennels for 6 months thats a really great idea thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
Your priorities are completely bass-ackwards!

How will the dogs feel if they have to be flown trans-atlantic, turn around, fly right back again when you're refused entry at the US airport, and then go to kennels?

Much, MUCH more importantly, how will your wife and kids feel?

You're going about this in a dangerously risky way, and for such a major life decision that really can't be a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.