What is the difference???

Old May 6th 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the difference???

I'm a naturlized US citizen and I'm trying to figure out what my fiance will need for her interview as far as establishing my identity.

I have got my certificate of naturalization and I intend to send her a photo copy of that. But one of the sites I was readin states the following:

"If you were naturalized, submit a plain photocopy of your Certificate of Naturalization. If you were born outside the United States, submit a copy of your original Certificate of Citizenship or your form FS-240 [Report of Birth Abroad of a United States Citizen]."

My question is what is the difference in a "Certificate of Naturalization" and a "Certificate of Citizenship". Aren't these two the same thing?

If you know the difference; please let me know.
Rohit
Old May 6th 2003, 10:51 pm
Computer Nerd

apache is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the difference???

I think the difference is one is naturlized and the other is born as US citizen but born outside the US.
Old May 6th 2003, 11:43 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I believe there are actually three different documents being refered to here.

The first is a Certificate of Naturalization - you know all about that .

The second is a Certificate of Citizenship obtained for instance as result of being found eligible for Citizenship after having undergone the application process under the provisions of the Child Citizenship Act.

The third is a Consular birth report for someone who is a USC from birth but born abroad.

Last edited by lairdside; May 6th 2003 at 11:46 pm.