Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What Can I do? EAD :: Still No News!

What Can I do? EAD :: Still No News!

Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

BigWinston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Can I do? EAD :: Still No News!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would give it a try anyway. It could be that you end up finally getting your biometrics done, and your 1-year EAD within a couple of weeks later.

Optimist Rene

Thanks Rene, I will certainly give it a try!

Do you know for sure one way or the other about the 90 day clock getting reset / paused on an issue of RFE for your I485, are the AOS and EAD processing tied to one another?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
If you get an RFE on your I-765 (Aka EAD), I am afraid you don't qualify for one.
My very first EAD took 7 months, that was back in 2004. My latest EAD (NOA1 dated December 22) took 60 days to get approved. I was desperate to get the new card, I went to my local office and begged them to give me an interim but no luck, a woman sitting next to me brought the RFE notice with her and they pretty much laughed at her saying.. It is 90 days from a PROPERLY FILED EAD.. if you get a RFE you have to wait for the real thing..
I wish you nothing but the very best!
But BW's RFE was for his I-485.....not for his I-765. I am not sure if one affects the other.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigWinston
Thanks Rene, I will certainly give it a try!

Do you know for sure one way or the other about the 90 day clock getting reset / paused on an issue of RFE for your I485, are the AOS and EAD processing tied to one another?
No, unfortunately, I'm not sure.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:59 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

But BW's RFE was for his I-485.....not for his I-765. I am not sure if one affects the other.

Rene
That's a good question and I don't know the answer!
He can just go down there and try! Who knows he might get lucky.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:04 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I would give it a try anyway. It could be that you end up finally getting your biometrics done, and your 1-year EAD within a couple of weeks later.

Optimist Rene

Rene - I wonder whether you could throw some light on what might be happening re. my son's EAD renewal.

He filed the application online at the beginning of February. We received a receipt notice and mailed the supporting documentation. He went for his biometrics in mid-February

Since then 'silence'. Online status only mentions the date the receipt notice was mailed.

His current EAD runs out in a couple of weeks and we are getting a bit concerned. Is this usual or not? Anything we can do before the 90 days are up (and do they count the 90 days from the date of application, or the date of the receipt notice, or the date of the biometrics, or the date they received the supporting documentation?

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this!
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Rene - I wonder whether you could throw some light on what might be happening re. my son's EAD renewal.

He filed the application online at the beginning of February. We received a receipt notice and mailed the supporting documentation. He went for his biometrics in mid-February

Since then 'silence'. Online status only mentions the date the receipt notice was mailed.

His current EAD runs out in a couple of weeks and we are getting a bit concerned. Is this usual or not? Anything we can do before the 90 days are up (and do they count the 90 days from the date of application, or the date of the receipt notice, or the date of the biometrics, or the date they received the supporting documentation?

Hi Elvira,

I'd say wait till the 91st day from the NOA date, and go in for Infopass to see if he can get the interim. He just might, since he had his biometrics already. But I have also heard that the clock stops counting on the 90 days from the NOA date to the biometrics date. But, I say it doesn't hurt to try.....all they can do is either give him the interim, or tell him it's too soon and to go home and keep waiting.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:17 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

But, I say it doesn't hurt to try.....all they can do is either give him the interim, or tell him it's too soon and to go home and keep waiting.
Yep.... if you don't ask, you can't be told yes; the worst that can happen is you can be told no.... which is what they are tacitly already telling you and is the cause of your worries.

GO ASK!

(above lecture refined cos I have a 13-year-old )
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:17 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey girlie;
I know this question wasn't aimed to me but I felt I could help since I was in the very same situation just over a month ago.
I e-filed on November 14th but for some ODD reason my NOA was dated December 22nd. My EAD had an expiration date of February 10th.
I talked to my HR representative and she told me that I needed the card for that day otherwise I'd have to quit. I was freaking out!, I needed my job so bad, My HR representative asked the lawyers at our company what could be done, they said that they could place me in a personal leave, but they could only give me 30 days. I was advised to send a letter to TOM TANCREDO my congressman, so I did, It was a hardship letter. The days went by I had my AOS interview, but I couldn't get the stamp because my background check was pending, my officer said that they should let me work because my EAD was pending, but my company wouldn't let me, suprisingly officer Gibson checked my status online and there it was! It was approved, I don't know if my congressman speed up the process or not but it is good to me
PS:I went to my local office right before my personal leave and they said they couldn't do anything, they didn't care if my NOA took forever to come or that I was going to lose my job, they said that they couldn't do anything!

Wow that was a long story I am so sorry!!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Apr 7th 2006 at 9:19 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Hey girlie;
I know this question wasn't aimed to me but I felt I could help since I was in the very same situation just over a month ago.
Wow that was a long story I am so sorry!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Everything is just soooooooooo confused and confusing... And the fact that the local CIS people didn't care just about takes the biscuit!

To be honest, I have found our local CIS officers keen to help, but it is clear that their hands are tied. In fact, they too seem very frustrated with the system!

I just find it difficult to accept that renewal of an existing EAD should be an issue at all. After all it is THEIR bl00dy inefficiency which is necessitating the renewal! (The rest of us have their GCs already, and my son was approved 'in principle' - just waiting for the d@mned security clearance. But that's another story... )
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. Everything is just soooooooooo confused and confusing... And the fact that the local CIS people didn't care just about takes the biscuit!

To be honest, I have found our local CIS officers keen to help, but it is clear that their hands are tied. In fact, they too seem very frustrated with the system!

I just find it difficult to accept that renewal of an existing EAD should be an issue at all. After all it is THEIR bl00dy inefficiency which is necessitating the renewal! (The rest of us have their GCs already, and my son was approved 'in principle' - just waiting for the d@mned security clearance. But that's another story... )
I know!! My godness! poor soon of yours, I am sure he is very frustrated, Tell him to hang in there, I have been there too and it sucks but hey at least we have each other for comfort right?
Let us know how it goes!!
Old Apr 9th 2006, 9:16 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Optimist Rene

Hi optimist Reneee

Have read this whole thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents worth onto what you have said... I went for my biometrics on the 13th March and have still not heard anything/received my EAD. All my AOS forms have a receipt date of 8th February, so worst case scenario is that i still have another whole month to wait before i can even hope of getting an interim EAD.

So I ponder: when does optimism turn to pessimism

-Sean
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Seanus
Hi optimist Reneee

Have read this whole thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents worth onto what you have said... I went for my biometrics on the 13th March and have still not heard anything/received my EAD. All my AOS forms have a receipt date of 8th February, so worst case scenario is that i still have another whole month to wait before i can even hope of getting an interim EAD.

So I ponder: when does optimism turn to pessimism

-Sean
Hi Sean!

Hmmm...for me, optimism would turn to pessimism after I've made an Infopass appointment (after the 90th day), and a month after that my EAD still hasn't arrived. THEN I'd consider turning pessimist.

Best Wishes,
Rene