Well, I'm here!

Old Nov 30th 2002, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Evan Audette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, I'm here!

Well, we made it fine. Just been a bit getting back online and such. Posts are limited. Helping the father in law fix up the house and get it clean, planning on getting a server in here, and cable net!

Let's see...

The POE crossing @ 1000 islands was a snap. 15 min, in and out. The customs officer popped the trunk...asked if everything was ours, and if we had anything to declare, all personal stuff...that was it, closed the trunk, was about to send us on our way O_o, until, that is, I said I had a K-3 visa. The guy took it (very nice btw, always loved 1000 islands crossing) and told us to park in the bays. Didn't ask for the keys or anything, so no additional search was made.

The immigration official just took everything, stamped everything, signed some stuff, handed back my visa and such, and sent us on our way. Said "Welcome to the U.S.A. Mr. Audette, hope you find everything enjoyable!" and that was it.

Few peculiar things though.

He took ALL of my package from the consulate - including the medical (the brown envelope) and our ORIGINAL, signed by the priest, mariage certificate, and my long form birth certificate. I tried to protest, but he insisted that this is what is done, and Jenn was too excited, and ushered me out. Now, I had luckily gotten another birth cert on the way out (although Cleveland, they say only needs my short birth cert) of Canada, however, the marriage cert, while we got a copy, can never be replaced (the original, that is) Bummer.

No work auth, of course.

I've posted our POE experiences, etc on the POE rolling list site and am in the process of getting my visa experience (all but the interview, which there wasn't any of) posted on Kamya : )

Now, we're ready to adjust. We got all new employer letters and tax returns, minus the bank statements. BUT, according to the I-864, they only need those IF your sponsor (or co-sponsor) doesn't meet the requirements on employment funds alone, at least that's what I've gathered. This correct?

First off, we're going through the Cleveland office now (which no longer does walk-in's, only mail) and getting info by phone has been unsucessful, the secretary there, always the same person, knows most, but not alot about K-3 adjustments :/

Couple of questions:

1) Which NOA do I include? The I-130, or the I-129F (K-3) approvals? And do I use the original, or a copy?

2) Medical. They claim no medical is required (at least for K1), but on the sheet, it says a vaccination supplement is needed. I got the copy of the vaccination sheet from Dr. Stewart when she mailed my medical back, is this enough? I even have my latest vaccination records (2 copies) from Health Board of Canada...what about that?

That's about it, I think...got a "generic AOS package" from the INS, ordered by phone.

I got the I-485, the Application for Employment Auth (the I-7...whichever, forgot the number), the G-325A Bio info (one copy for myself), two I-864 (one for Jenn, one for her father [co sponsor]), fingerprint card (came with the package), copies of our marriage cert, birth certs (all three of us, mine being my normal short form), the medical (which I dont think I complete cause I came in on a K-3), copies of my I-94, the visa itself, etc...sure there's a few things I've forgoten. Also have tax returns and employement letters. Lastly, 4 ADIT style photos - two for the 485, and two for the work visa..

Everything appear in order then? This is what we hope to be, until I decide if I'm going for Naturalization, the final step (well, the removal of conditions, if the interview is before our 2nd anni)...so we don't want to mess up.

Thanks a bunch everyone, good luck and god speed!

-Ev
Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well, I'm here!

Originally posted by Evan Audette

Now, we're ready to adjust. We got all new employer letters and tax returns, minus the bank statements. BUT, according to the I-864, they only need those IF your sponsor (or co-sponsor) doesn't meet the requirements on employment funds alone, at least that's what I've gathered. This correct?

It is my understanding that the I-864 is not an either/or form. But rather that you have to include everything that is asked for if it pertains to you. As for your marriage certificate, they were correct to keep everything in the Consulate's brown envelope. It is now property of the government. You might be able to exchange it for a copy at the AOS interview but doubtful.

1) Which NOA do I include? The I-130, or the I-129F (K-3) approvals? And do I use the original, or a copy?

Both -- never send originals. Only copies.

2) Medical. They claim no medical is required (at least for K1), but on the sheet, it says a vaccination supplement is needed. I got the copy of the vaccination sheet from Dr. Stewart when she mailed my medical back, is this enough? I even have my latest vaccination records (2 copies) from Health Board of Canada...what about that?

I would not worry about the medical. You just had one and you have a copy of the supplement. Bring it to the interview.

I got the I-485, the Application for Employment Auth (the I-7...whichever, forgot the number), the G-325A Bio info (one copy for myself), two I-864 (one for Jenn, one for her father [co sponsor]), fingerprint card (came with the package), copies of our marriage cert, birth certs (all three of us, mine being my normal short form), the medical (which I dont think I complete cause I came in on a K-3), copies of my I-94, the visa itself, etc...sure there's a few things I've forgoten. Also have tax returns and employement letters. Lastly, 4 ADIT style photos - two for the 485, and two for the work visa..

Go form by form and add the attachments to each as you complete it. In that way you are sure that you have included everything.
-Ev
Welcome to the US Evan. Nice to have you down south ;-)

Rete