Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Cancelling DV appointment, letter never arrived?

Cancelling DV appointment, letter never arrived?

Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

msfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancelling DV appointment, letter never arrived?

We've just returned from New York and have made the difficult decision to cancel our DV interview. The timing just isn't right, no jobs for us. It's devastating after waiting 5 years for a win.

We never received the second letter with the interview date, it was sent in November. However the date of our interviewed was confirmed by the KCC. Do we need to cancel the appointment in the absence of the letter? Is there a way to do this without calling the expensive per-minute line at the London consulate?

Sigh. The end of a dream, for now. We're Australian so we always have the E-3 as an option when things improve.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling DV appointment, letter never arrived?

Just forget it.... Pretty smart move on your part I would say ...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Norrmally I'd say you should contact the NVC (which sets the interview appointment for other types of immigrant cases) but if you've been sending your docs to the KCC, you should let them know.
Leave a paper trail.

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but it's a very difficult time to relocate now.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. Last mail I had from KCC said the file had been transferred to the consulate so we should contact them for any further inquiries but it would be great if I didn't have to call the payline to do that.

meauxna - yeah, timing is everything in life!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msfi
Thanks for the replies. Last mail I had from KCC said the file had been transferred to the consulate so we should contact them for any further inquiries but it would be great if I didn't have to call the payline to do that.

meauxna - yeah, timing is everything in life!
You can email the Consulate at [email protected]
Allegedly you're supposed to call the pay phone number to get a code to enter in your email in order to get it read.
Some people get replies even after getting the auto-message 'your email has been deleted and not read'.

It might be worth a brief phone call to get that code number.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

I called the embassy, and was given a different email address. No response received from that either! Also emailed the KCC but the response was that they are not authorised to respond to the request.

Oh well, I have done all I can do. Today was supposed to be the date of the appointment. Sigh.

I have a couple of Australian police records going spare now, which were already paid for before we decided to cancel the appointment!!