British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Waiver of ineligibility help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/waiver-ineligibility-help-916282/)

Char7c Aug 20th 2018 7:12 am

Waiver of ineligibility help

hey all,
Story so far:
applied for b2 visa over 2 years ago, refused, told to wait a bit and apply again.
applied March 27th 2018 and was told he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility, 4-6 Months wait, said it was highly likely it would be approved.
still not heard anything.
just checked on the CEAC as I just saw on another thread you can check the status and it says refused.
is that the initial application for the visa or have the waiver been refused?
if the waiver gets refused will they still email to say so as we’ve had no email.

thanks for any advice. I’d appreciate no narky comments of ‘well he shouldn’t have done it’ etc, he is well aware and I’m just after some friendly advice.

materialcontroller Aug 20th 2018 9:09 am

Re: Waiver of ineligibility help

Originally Posted by Char7c (Post 12551337)
hey all,
Story so far:
applied for b2 visa over 2 years ago, refused, told to wait a bit and apply again.
applied March 27th 2018 and was told he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility, 4-6 Months wait, said it was highly likely it would be approved.
still not heard anything.
just checked on the CEAC as I just saw on another thread you can check the status and it says refused.
is that the initial application for the visa or have the waiver been refused?
if the waiver gets refused will they still email to say so as we’ve had no email.

thanks for any advice. I’d appreciate no narky comments of ‘well he shouldn’t have done it’ etc, he is well aware and I’m just after some friendly advice.

It's the visa application that has been refused. The waiver is still under adjudication. Stop worrying and just wait for the consulate to contact you.

civilservant Aug 20th 2018 11:47 am

An application for a visa has only 2 outcomes - approval and denial. Anything that is not an approval (including needing a waiver) is a denial.

It is the visa that has been refused, pending the adjudication of the waiver that was requested by the officer.

Char7c Aug 22nd 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12551364)
It's the visa application that has been refused. The waiver is still under adjudication. Stop worrying and just wait for the consulate to contact you.

thats great thank you. I hadn’t seen this before and whilst this is what I assumed, it was nice to get clarification. Thank you

Char7c Aug 22nd 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12551364)

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12551422)
An application for a visa has only 2 outcomes - approval and denial. Anything that is not an approval (including needing a waiver) is a denial.

It is the visa that has been refused, pending the adjudication of the waiver that was requested by the officer.

thats great, thank you