Waiver of ineligibility help

Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Char7c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiver of ineligibility help

hey all,
Story so far:
applied for b2 visa over 2 years ago, refused, told to wait a bit and apply again.
applied March 27th 2018 and was told he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility, 4-6 Months wait, said it was highly likely it would be approved.
still not heard anything.
just checked on the CEAC as I just saw on another thread you can check the status and it says refused.
is that the initial application for the visa or have the waiver been refused?
if the waiver gets refused will they still email to say so as we’ve had no email.

thanks for any advice. I’d appreciate no narky comments of ‘well he shouldn’t have done it’ etc, he is well aware and I’m just after some friendly advice.

Last edited by Char7c; Aug 20th 2018 at 7:13 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Aug 20th 2018, 9:09 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver of ineligibility help

Originally Posted by Char7c
hey all,
Story so far:
applied for b2 visa over 2 years ago, refused, told to wait a bit and apply again.
applied March 27th 2018 and was told he was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility, 4-6 Months wait, said it was highly likely it would be approved.
still not heard anything.
just checked on the CEAC as I just saw on another thread you can check the status and it says refused.
is that the initial application for the visa or have the waiver been refused?
if the waiver gets refused will they still email to say so as we’ve had no email.

thanks for any advice. I’d appreciate no narky comments of ‘well he shouldn’t have done it’ etc, he is well aware and I’m just after some friendly advice.
It's the visa application that has been refused. The waiver is still under adjudication. Stop worrying and just wait for the consulate to contact you.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 11:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

An application for a visa has only 2 outcomes - approval and denial. Anything that is not an approval (including needing a waiver) is a denial.

It is the visa that has been refused, pending the adjudication of the waiver that was requested by the officer.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
It's the visa application that has been refused. The waiver is still under adjudication. Stop worrying and just wait for the consulate to contact you.
thats great thank you. I hadn’t seen this before and whilst this is what I assumed, it was nice to get clarification. Thank you
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Originally Posted by civilservant
An application for a visa has only 2 outcomes - approval and denial. Anything that is not an approval (including needing a waiver) is a denial.

It is the visa that has been refused, pending the adjudication of the waiver that was requested by the officer.
thats great, thank you