VWP visit with K1?

Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:13 pm
Proud owner of a Keg!

Alix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP visit with K1?

I don't know about K1. But I once entered US on WVP while I still had a F1 (Student visa) and the officer cancelled my F1. I wouldn't do it if I were you. It's too big of a risk. Good luck!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alix
I don't know about K1. But I once entered US on WVP while I still had a F1 (Student visa) and the officer cancelled my F1. I wouldn't do it if I were you. It's too big of a risk. Good luck!
Maybe one of the lawyers would care to explain the logic behind this . . . I don't really understand! Coming in on VWP instead of using a K-1, I see as risky, given that the Immigration Officer might think you were going to come in, get married (right there and then) and adjust status!

Alix, what was the benefit of using the VWP over the F-1, for you at that time?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by californian
Maybe one of the lawyers would care to explain the logic behind this . . . I don't really understand! Coming in on VWP instead of using a K-1, I see as risky, given that the Immigration Officer might think you were going to come in, get married (right there and then) and adjust status!

Alix, what was the benefit of using the VWP over the F-1, for you at that time?
Hi:

How should I know. I remember talking with a now deceased friend about 10 years back. I complained that the Airport Inspectors had the "powers of the Gestapo." Monica thought that that was quite insulting -- to the Gestapo. "Say what you will, at least the Gestapo followed the rules. The rules sucked big time, but they followed them."
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Don't think I'll take the gamble as the decision seems to be down to the general mood of the POE officer. What if he's at the end of a horrible shift or has a hangover!?

BTW, my visa was approved yesterday. The interview was over in about a minute and a half!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:41 am
Proud owner of a Keg!

Alix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janet82
Don't think I'll take the gamble as the decision seems to be down to the general mood of the POE officer. What if he's at the end of a horrible shift or has a hangover!?

BTW, my visa was approved yesterday. The interview was over in about a minute and a half!
Congratulations! But which visa? K1?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alix
Congratulations! But which visa? K1?
Yes, her K-1.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Janet
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Thanks, Hopefully I'll get it in a couple of days. Flight prices are so expensive now though because of the school holidays. Trying to find the cheapest via JFK so I can get the work stamp.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:37 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Hopefully I'll get it in a couple of days. Flight prices are so expensive now though because of the school holidays. Trying to find the cheapest via JFK so I can get the work stamp.
Have you tried Kayak.com? It lists practically every airline and travel site.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS JANET!

Let us know how you get on with finding a flight.