Wikiposts

VWP success after B visa denial

Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

dahlia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP success after B visa denial

Originally Posted by stera2
Hi,

I posted here a while ago when, in March, I was denied a six month tourist visa by the Embassy in London.

I flew to the US with my kids on June 4th (into Cinncinnati) and had no problems with immigration at all. No secondary, nothing. He asked us a few questions - how long we were staying (80 plus days - 'that's a long holiday'), whether we had friends where we were staying, how had we met them, what our jobs were (laughed at my job title of stress mgmt consultant - believe me I needed to draw on all my resources !). However, all the time he was asking us stuff he was already putting the green cards in our passports, stapling, stamping them, etc. No questions about the visa denial.

Just thought this info might help someone else
Well thanks for sharing your success story with us, especially since as I understand it a 217.4(a) should even exempt you for Visa Waiver travel. Very interesting.. I could be wrong (it has happened)