H1B Transfer Dilemma!!

Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

alex552401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1B Transfer Dilemma!!

Hi - can anyone help my H1B dilemma....

I am British and came to Boston to do my MBA. Graduated in August 2007 and have been working for an investment bank under my 1 year Optional Practical Training which will run out around 1st October 2008 or end of September. I received approval for my H1B this April.

The problem is I left my job (the sponsor of my H1B) at the end if April.
The company have told me that they will make sure I get my H1B and will make it 'look like' I was working for the company for a few days in October, therefore allowing me to transfer across to a new company, once the H1B has begun.

This all sounds rather dodgy to me and I am sure that USCIS may see through all of this. What are my other options? (I am currently interviewing for other jobs now) Should I file a completely new H1B petition, which apparently will not be subject to the cap, or do what my old company is saying they will do for me. Also when should I leave the country to get the H1B stamped...??

I feel that any new company I go to work for would not be happy with my old company's idea of making it look like I worked there. They could get in a lot of trouble if it does not work out and they are unlikely to do that..

Is anyone else been in this situation? What do you think?

Thank you,

Alex