Visitor VISA B2

Old Aug 1st 2002, 7:21 pm
Sujas

Default Visitor VISA B2

I have a question on Visitor's VISA. I am wanting my friend who lives in India to
come and visit me here for a month. It has been her dream to come and visit USA and
visit places like New York and Las Vegas. I am a H1-B worker in USA.

My friend has just completed her graduation, she is basically a singer and trying to
get into singing career. She is totally devoted to her singing and spents most of the
day with her music. Her family is from Mumbai, India and she lives with her
parents.She is also working as a part time employee in India.

I was wondering what are the documnets that will be required during the Visitor VISA
application ? After lot of research I understand that she will have to prove some
kind of ties with her home country, but in order to do that what kind of documents
will be exactly required ? Is there anything that I will have to send besides the
invitation letter. She is dependant on her parents and has no ownership of any
property. Any help or suggestions on this reagard will be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Sujas

TEST--== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =TEST--

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 10:20 pm
Lanny

Default Re: Visitor VISA B2

"Sujas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a question on Visitor's VISA. I am wanting my friend who lives in India to
    > come and visit me here for a month. > I was wondering what are the documnets that
    > will be required during the Visitor VISA application ? After lot of research I
    > understand that she will have to prove some kind of ties with her home country, but
    > in order to do that what kind of documents will be exactly required ? Is there
    > anything that I will have to send besides the invitation letter. She is dependant
    > on her parents and has no ownership of any property. Any help or suggestions on
    > this reagard will be extremely helpful.
    >
If the U.S. Consul in India who interviews her is like the U.S. Consul here in
Colombia, who interviewed a dear friend of ours, a couple of weeks ago, your friend
will *NOT* be granted a B1/B2 visa, based on what you wrote about her.

The Consul will want to see an applicant with an excellent job ( and income ),
someone who owns a house or apartment and a car. If she needs a 3rd party ( her
parents in this case ) to pay for her trip, her application will probably be denied.