Visitor to the US

Old Jul 5th 2001, 7:14 pm
Barney Bear :\\\\\

Hi all,

I've been told many things from a few people but I just want to clear up a
few things.

I've been told that upon arrival at a US airport (Can't remember the name of the
place, it should be the closest one to Orlando, Florida) you have to stay in single
file and be called one at a time for customs to check your passport (Even if you are
traveling as a family).

Is this true??

Old Jul 5th 2001, 9:16 pm
MoonRose13

Hello,

<< I've been told that upon arrival at a US airport (Can't remember the name of the
place, it should be the closest one to Orlando, Florida) you have to stay in single
file and be called one at a time for customs to check your passport (Even if you are
traveling as a family).

Is this true?? >>

If it is true, it would certainly make the POE at Orlando, Florida a lot different
than the one at LAX. My husband and I went through the line together. Immigration
checked both of our passports at the same time. And then the customs official asked
if we had anything to declare. We didn't so he just let us through. BTW, customs does
not check your passport. Immigration does that.

Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Jul 6th 2001, 3:26 am
James Donovan

They check families together. It saves the INS time.