British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   visitor for 3 months (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/visitor-3-months-644945/)

gregthehammer Dec 15th 2009 6:34 pm

visitor for 3 months

hello,im new to this site and would apreciate some help,im coming over to america for 3 months on a visitor visa,how long is itafter them 3 months are you allowed to go back and vist many thanks

Ray Dec 15th 2009 6:39 pm

Re: visitor for 3 months

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 8175307)
hello,im new to this site and would apreciate some help,im coming over to america for 3 months on a visitor visa,how long is itafter them 3 months are you allowed to go back and vist many thanks

When you say a visa ... do you mean a visa ...or the visa waiver .

If the waiver .. 90 days in ...90 day out is a fair guide

meauxna Dec 15th 2009 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 8175307)

3 months is a long vacation, why do you need to come back after that?

gregthehammer Dec 15th 2009 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8175399)
3 months is a long vacation, why do you need to come back after that?

just if i dont do all my travelling buy then ,id like to know when i can come back to finish it

Noorah101 Dec 15th 2009 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 8175459)
just if i dont do all my travelling buy then ,id like to know when i can come back to finish it

There's no real concrete rule on this one, but general rule of thumb is to spend more time outside the USA than inside. So, if you spend 3 months inside the USA, you will want to spend 3+ months outside the USA before attempting another visit to the USA.

Will you actually be using a visa?

Rene

gregthehammer Dec 15th 2009 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 8175502)
There's no real concrete rule on this one, but general rule of thumb is to spend more time outside the USA than inside. So, if you spend 3 months inside the USA, you will want to spend 3+ months outside the USA before attempting another visit to the USA.

Will you actually be using a visa?

Rene

thanks for your imput,ill be coming over on a 90 day visitor waiver thing ,so i want to maximize it to the 90 days ,see were ive travelled and then come back

lisa67 Dec 15th 2009 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 8175513)
thanks for your imput,ill be coming over on a 90 day visitor waiver thing ,so i want to maximize it to the 90 days ,see were ive travelled and then come back

make sure your return flight is on day 87 ish of your stay incase of flight delays :)

Noorah101 Dec 15th 2009 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 8175628)
make sure your return flight is on day 87 ish of your stay incase of flight delays :)

I totally agree with lisa67. Do not leave your flight for the 90th day.

And then try another VWP visit 90+ days later, at least. The more time out the better.

Rene

gregthehammer Dec 16th 2009 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 8175713)
I totally agree with lisa67. Do not leave your flight for the 90th day.

And then try another VWP visit 90+ days later, at least. The more time out the better.

Rene

thanks for the info