Visit Visa to USA - B1

Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

DKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the rough
Default Visit Visa to USA - B1

hey everybody,

If someone comes to Denmark on a visitors visa. Can he or she apply for a Visitors visa (I think B2 for upto 90 day, Just for tourisn and no bussiness or stuff) to USA at US Embassy here in Copenhagen ?? I have checked it on behalf of my friend who needs help on that BUT the US embassy website doesn't say a whole lot. Any help will be muchly appreciated :-)

Last edited by DKCAN; Oct 17th 2008 at 2:04 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visit Visa to USA - B1

Originally Posted by DKCAN
hey everybody,

If someone comes to Denmark on a visitors visa. Can he or she apply for a Visitors visa (I think B2 for upto 90 day, Just for tourisn and no bussiness or stuff) to USA at US Embassy here in Copenhagen ?? I have checked it on behalf of my friend who needs help on that BUT the US embassy website doesn't say a whole lot. Any help will be muchly appreciated :-)
They will probably say no and refer you to the persons own country
for the application....

B-2 is for 180 days in most cases ...

depends somewhat on their country of origin
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

DKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the roughDKCAN is a jewel in the rough

They are from Pakistan...

Hmmm.. well. She will be here .. So might as well try ... what you suggest ?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

RBN282 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your friends may have a chance if they had some kind of long-term status in Denmark such as permanent resident, work permit or maybe student visa. Without this it is extremely difficult to get a US visa in Denmark or any other country. The only way is to apply at the US embassy/consulate in Pakistan.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DKCAN
They are from Pakistan...

Hmmm.. well. She will be here .. So might as well try ... what you suggest ?
Pakistanis undergo so much additional investigation when applying from home that even if they accept the application in DK it's unlikely to succeed. But, it only costs $131 to "try". Do be realistic about it though.