Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice
Smile Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

Hello everyone. its my first post here. I was looking for some info on google when came across this amazing place. I hope I ll be visiting it often now.

Okay now the issue is :

I want to apply for visit visa to US. My uncle (mom's bro) is US national and settled there with his wife and kids since quite sometime. I had once applied for business trip when I wanted to go for a short training course in VA. But that was denied. I had my company letter (from our US head quarters) and all other docs attached but still it was denied. This was in June 2009. I did appeal saying that it was question of my career etc but they said that their decision was right. Anyway i feel my file was not complete and may be I missed something some where.

Anyways I want to go for visit now in Oct or Nov this year. I plan to stay with my uncle who is in Chicago. I am Pakistani national and working in Abu Dhabi with this American firm since last almost 8 yrs now. I am not married and 30yrs old.

Do I have any chance that being a single young lady I will get visit visa?

Is it advisable to show you have relatives in US? coz i heard if you show this, it might not go in your favor. I dont know why though

I read somewhere on the visa instructions/guidelines that one must need to prove one's financial and family ties with the country of stay. I do have financial ties like my job, the gratuity/end of service benefit amount which I can only get from my company if i get my work visa properly cancelled by them and not just abscond , plus also i own a car which i purchased this year in Mar/April. I do not have any kind of bank loans, neither I had applied for any ever.

As far as my family ties are concerned, I dont know what family ties i can show since I do not have a husband n kids. my parents are in Pak. one of my sis with her family (husband n son) are here in Abu Dhabi, staying just next door to me.

Please give me some nice suggestion on how do i go about this visa thing. I do not want them to deny it this time. how do i make them sure that i really do not intend to stay there for work or studies or anything like that.

help needed.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visit Visa to US for a Never Married Gal :(

You have a chance, absolutely.

You do not mention many positives to outweigh the negatives.

But it is only $140? now so just try and see.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FairyTale
Please give me some nice suggestion on how do i go about this visa thing. I do not want them to deny it this time. how do i make them sure that i really do not intend to stay there for work or studies or anything like that.
Unfortunately you cannot MAKE them sure. It is the ConOff's job to weigh the risk that you'll stay in the USA against coming back to UAE. Unfortunately, being young, single, and Pakistani does not work in your favor. Perhaps being female will help you avoid lengthy security checks, though, if you do get approved. Perhaps having a stable job to return to will help your case. Having relatives in the USA works against you (because it would be easy for you to just end up staying with them beyond your visa terms), but you also cannot lie on any of the forms or to the ConOff at the interview.

All you can do is gather all your proof that you do not intend to stay in the USA, and hope for the best.

Rene
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

thank you boiler , your 1st statement made me feel so goood

Noorah thank you for your advice. I cerntainly know thats it all about proving that one doesnt have intentions to stay there for long. But thats where I get confused that other than job what other documents i can attach as a proof?

I think i should mention here, that my sis and her husband are planning to go to US on a short trip (2 wks max). Actually it was their plan and since my annual leaves are due so i thot why not to spend them in US while my sis is travelling too. My bro in law n his son are US citizen but my sis is not. She doesnt have a green card either. The reason to tell you this is that cant it be taken as family trip?

My uncle is ready to provide me with all the documents I may require to put in my file. He has got strong financial status in US (i.e. he owns some properties there.)

If i do not show any relatives in US, then what should i show? hotel booking and address etc? how will they accept/prefer hotel booking coz that can be more risky. i mean i may not show up at hotel at all.

Last edited by FairyTale; Aug 1st 2010 at 1:57 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 2:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Going as a single women I believe your chances are slim ...to Zero

Going as a small family with your sister for just a 2 week vacation ..has a better chance
Old Aug 1st 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle is ready to provide me with all the documents I may require to put in my file. He has got strong financial status in US (i.e. he owns some properties there.)
That is exactly what you don't want to do.

You need to demonstrate that you have ties to somewhere outside the US - while obviously you shouldn't lie about the fact that you have relatives in the US that is something which is going to tend to way against you so bringing your uncle into the picture like this is, I think, a bad idea.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:08 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

pther possible ties to the uk

mortgage on a house or a rental contract going beyond the proposed stay in the US.

booking for a future training course/holiday/concert tickets/medical procedure etc etc - that shows you need to be back in the UK at a date after the trip.

written letter from your emploeyers stating you are taking 2 weeks paid vacation between x and y dates and are due back to resume work on date z.

etc etc
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MsElui
pther possible ties to the uk

mortgage on a house or a rental contract going beyond the proposed stay in the US.

booking for a future training course/holiday/concert tickets/medical procedure etc etc - that shows you need to be back in the UK at a date after the trip.

written letter from your emploeyers stating you are taking 2 weeks paid vacation between x and y dates and are due back to resume work on date z.

etc etc
thank you Ms for your input.

I will be renewing my rental contract in mid or towards end of Sep 2010. Contract period starts from 1st Oct 2010 and it will be a one year contract. so yes i can provide this.

I have life insurance, does this help?

2ndly what i get from above replies is that If i have relatives there, I must show them on visa application coz i cannot lie :-/ but i am also told that it doesnt go in my favor. I think i have to show that anyway since my sis n family stayed at his home when they went to US first time for 5 weeks trip.

If I must show him (uncle) on my application, then what documents should I ask from him?

My sis and her family are planning to do a short stop over at London too, like a 3-4 days stay. So if I join them in their whole trip, i also need to apply for UK visa. I was planning to apply for UK visa first and once i get that I apply for US. In UK i have my sister, and most probably we wont be staying with her, rather we prefer having our own hotel reservation n booking. this raises another question, will it be possible to get UK visit visa easily stamped or is that also as complicated as like US?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK is a lot easier than the US,

I do not think it matters which order you apply for them, independent applications.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If I must show him (uncle) on my application, then what documents should I ask from him?
None.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
None.

Rene
None ?

dont I have to show that he has got a home and he can accommodate me with him for my vacation period? I guess while applying for UK visa they do ask such questions right?

Also approximately how much money do i need in my bank account for a two weeks trip to US?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

What passport do you hold ? I understand that persons from certain country get an extra scrutiny by the US Consulate personnel.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anuny
What passport do you hold ? I understand that persons from certain country get an extra scrutiny by the US Consulate personnel.
Pakistani passport
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Pakistani passport
It is going to be a rather big challenge for a young single girl on a Pakistani passport to get a visitors visa to US. Sad but true.

Do a search around the forums.immigration.com where a substantial section of the south asian visa seekers congregate.

By claiming that your Uncle/Aunt are here and rather well off; you are signaling to the interviewing officer that you are a risk. You might be coming to the US as a potential bride for an expat.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anuny
It is going to be a rather big challenge for a young single girl on a Pakistani passport to get a visitors visa to US. Sad but true.

Do a search around the forums.immigration.com where a substantial section of the south asian visa seekers congregate.

By claiming that your Uncle/Aunt are here and rather well off; you are signaling to the interviewing officer that you are a risk. You might be coming to the US as a potential bride for an expat.
dont they allow their expats to marry gals from outside? expat can be from Pakistan too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.