Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa without direct relatives possible?

Visa without direct relatives possible?

Old Nov 24th 2001, 11:02 pm
Judith Johnson

Hi everyone,

My friends from the Netherlands is planning on moving to the USA with her 3 children,
the problem is that she doesn't know how to apply for a visa. She supports herself,
has her own business and can finacially provide for herself and her children. My
question is, is it possible for her to apply for a visa other than the visa lottery?
I know the visa lottery is one option, but the chances you win are close to nothing.
Any help/advise will be appreciated, thanks.

Judith Johnson

Old Nov 25th 2001, 12:11 am
Jade Duboir

If she is willing to be a feature in an upcoming video, we can sponsor her. Visit
http://www.adultstaffing.com

Old Nov 25th 2001, 12:28 am
Onigiri

>
    >
    >
    >
http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html Read information of the links on this page
for the official word on things. Our consulates in foreign countries issue visas to
aliens to come to the united states.

>
    >
    >
Our consul would most certainly ask your friend what she aims to do in the United
States. If she plans to establish her own business in the USA, then there are
specific visas for that in the visa information page above.

>
to nothing. It is free to knock on that door every year. If she does not do that
already, she is letting go a finite chance to get in without much hassle.

>
    >
    >