Visa for Wife

Old May 18th 2005, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future
Cool Visa for Wife

Hi,

I am now in the closing stretches of getting my AOS for US residency, which is great and cannot wait until that time so that i may start working again.

If we were to think about also getting my wife (who is the US resident) residency status in the UK what would be the steps. We are not currently thinking about moving to the UK, however it is just a theoretical question as good to know these things???

Also on another note, we are due (if all permit to travel issued in time) to fly back to the UK for my sisters wedding at the end of July, how would i go about organising my newborn sons passport?? An would it be best to organise his dual citezenship with the UK embassy prior to the trip or for this one just have hime travel on a US passport.he was born in the US).

brad
Old May 18th 2005, 3:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa for Wife

http://www.britainusa.com/

For passport and UK Immigration, latter basically quick and simple.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:18 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for Wife

Originally Posted by bradg
Hi,

I am now in the closing stretches of getting my AOS for US residency, which is great and cannot wait until that time so that i may start working again.

If we were to think about also getting my wife (who is the US resident) residency status in the UK what would be the steps. We are not currently thinking about moving to the UK, however it is just a theoretical question as good to know these things???<<snip>>
brad
If you're about to get US residency, it will be some time before your US wife can obtain UK residency status without jeopardizing your US residency. i.e. Only after you've become a US citizen, can you and the family move to the UK (the only way to get UK residency).