Visa questions for work in US

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:14 am
Just Joined

jbwilliamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa questions for work in US

Hi,

I moved to Australia last year on a Working Holiday Visa for 7 months and since I arrived back in the UK, I've been looking to work abroad again.

I realise that this question has probably been asked many times, but is there a simular Visa (to the Working Holiday) I can apply for to work in the US/Canada?

I'm a Civil/Structural CAD technician.

Cheers,
John
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:32 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa questions for work in US

Originally Posted by jbwilliamz
Hi,

I moved to Australia last year on a Working Holiday Visa for 7 months and since I arrived back in the UK, I've been looking to work abroad again.

I realise that this question has probably been asked many times, but is there a simular Visa (to the Working Holiday) I can apply for to work in the US/Canada?

I'm a Civil/Structural CAD technician.

Cheers,
John
About an inch* above where you clicked to enter this sub-forum there's a link that says "How to live and work in the USA".

*depending on your monitor size and resolution...
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa questions for work in US

The closest thing to a "working holiday" visa is the H-2: Seasonal workers visa. This is used by ski instructors and resort workers. I believe it lets you come and work up to 6 months. You'd basically need to find an employer looking for workers who would agree to hire you and sponsor you for the visa.

- Eric S.