Visa photos

Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:49 am
Just Joined

funkybubbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa photos

Hi we need to get our Visa photo's done and was wondering where abouts we can get them done? We are in Oxfordshire.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa photos

Originally Posted by funkybubbles
Hi we need to get our Visa photo's done and was wondering where abouts we can get them done?
Digital camera, photo paper, inkjet printer!

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks!
I know that is the obvious option but I have read so many mails of people having them sent back as they are not right,just wanted to get them right.We actually need to do them digitally before hand so doing them on the day would not be another option
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:13 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Digital camera, photo paper, inkjet printer!

Ian
Yep, worked for us. I look like a convict and my daughter has a huge grin on her face but they accepted them all no fuss.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you that's good to know lol !
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all

Which Embassy will you be visiting for you interview? If London go to Gould Pharmacy next to the Embassy before your appointment - it only takes around 10 mins for them to be prepared.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

If you find a professional, independent photography store that offers a passport photo service (i.e. not a machine) and just give them the requirements, they should be able to do it. We found such a shop in Lancaster so I'd be amazed if there isn't one in Oxford or Stratford.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have read so many mails of people having them sent back as they are not right...
This usually happens when they are done commercially.

... just wanted to get them right.
This is usually easier with homemade pics - even the most basic imaging program (such as Irfanview, which I recommend), allows you to set the size of the pics exactly, and alter brightness/gamma if required.

I did all my own immigration photos (back in the 3/4 view days) including pics for my UK, CDN, and US passports! Easy peasy!

Anyway... whatever works best for you!

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Ian, may well get my H to give it a go and see what we come up with
There is a place in town which does p/p photos so may ask them too
Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Hi we need to get our Visa photo's done and was wondering where abouts we can get them done? We are in Oxfordshire.
Digital Camera (a few snaps of the person), inkjet printer, photo quality paper and http://www.epassportphoto.com/

used then for visas and passports for Aus, US, UK, Ireland and China without any issues.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:22 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Did mine in a photo booth in Charring Cross train station in London, used the sames ones for both a UK passport and my L1-A visa with no issues. They have a photo booth in the US Embassy as well.

tht
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Snappy snaps photo shops do visa/passport pics to various countries specifications. It is 14.99 for 2 pictures though
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

We just did ours yesterday. The specs for the photo's are online and when you upload the photo it is 'tested'. Both our pictures passed.

I used the image on the 'test image' page to figure out the size and positioning:

https://identix.state.gov/qotw/images/no-photo.gif

reduced the whole photo by 50% and then another 50%. Then put a rectangle around the edges of the pic in the above link. Then moved the rectangle over the main pic until the head was in the center. Then copied / pasted the contents of the rectangle and saved as a new file.