Default Re: visa photos

Originally posted by Marcia
How many visa photos, total, will my fiance need to complete the whole
process of getting to the US?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Marcia
2 x ADIT (129f-Package)

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/a...spec.sized.jpg

2-3 x U.S. Passport style (Embassy Interview)

See:- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/up...1083321937.jpg

I think thats all, can someone confirm?
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:22 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
2 x ADIT (129f-Package)

As with most things in this process, I think it would be safer to check with the individual consulate's requirement for the visa application portion of the process. Marcia, does your embassy have a website?

~SecretGarden
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mcj,

No, can't confirm. Assuming a K1 visa:

Starting with the petition, only 1 ADIT photo (of the alien, and 1 also of the USC) is required for an I-129f.

For the visa itself, in my experience the consulate asks for 2, but maybe some consulates ask for 3. The photos may not be 'passport' style, by the way, some consulates use ADIT photos for the K visas.

'Passport' or ADIT photo(s) may also required for the medical exam and perhaps for the Police Certificate. The numbers of photos may be country specific.

Regards, JEff

2 x ADIT (129f-Package)

Last edited by jeffreyhy; May 3rd 2004 at 4:39 pm.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

From my own experience (KI-1), we turned in 2 ADIT photos of each of us (the petitioner AND the beneficiary) along with the I-129F. The beneficiary turned in 2 ADIT photos at the time of the medical exam. Three passport-style photos of the beneficiary were required at the K-1 interview.

The best thing for you to do, is check with the consulate you will be using.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

Just out of curiosity - why?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Noorah101
... we turned in 2 ADIT photos of each of us (the petitioner AND the beneficiary) along with the I-129F. ...

Rene
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

2 x ADIT (129f-Package)

Can the 129F pic be done with a normal camera, or did you get it done at a passport photo place? I'm asking since you went through/are going through London as well.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rene,

Just out of curiosity - why?

Regards, JEff
Hi JEff....

That was when I was relying heavily on my attorney's advice at the time. That was her suggestion, and we complied. I didn't know if that was standard procedure or not.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:55 pm

Rene,

Thanks.

Regards, JEff

Hi JEff....

That was when I was relying heavily on my attorney's advice at the time. That was her suggestion, and we complied. I didn't know if that was standard procedure or not.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:57 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JEff....

Rene
Hi Rene,
The directions ask for one photo of "you" and "your fiance(e)". Maybe she asked for two from you so she'd have extras to spare later on?

~SG
Congrats on the wedding, btw!
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:00 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by gemmacat
Can the 129F pic be done with a normal camera, or did you get it done at a passport photo place? I'm asking since you went through/are going through London as well.
Gemma,
Take a look at the directions for the I129F. There is a section regarding the specifications for the photos for this part of the process. My husband and I got ours done by a photo shop when he was here on a visit. We took the photo spec. directions with us and the people at the shop knew exactly what we were referring to.

Keep in mind that the visa photos may be different now. When my husband went for his interview in London (early January 2004) they wanted ADIT style. I've heard that they may want frontal passport style now. Once again, ask the consulate regarding their requirements once you get closer.

~SecretGarden
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Gemma,
Take a look at the directions for the I129F. There is a section regarding the specifications for the photos for this part of the process. My husband and I got ours done by a photo shop when he was here on a visit. We took the photo spec. directions with us and the people at the shop knew exactly what we were referring to.

Keep in mind that the visa photos may be different now. When my husband went for his interview in London (early January 2004) they wanted ADIT style. I've heard that they may want frontal passport style now. Once again, ask the consulate regarding their requirements once you get closer.

~SecretGarden

sorry to be such a pest.... information overload.
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:12 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by gemmacat
sorry to be such a pest.... information overload.
Not to worry, I've been there.

~SG
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:17 pm

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Not to worry, I've been there.

~SG
Thank you, SG and Mr. Pink! Life is sooooooooo good (as I'm sure you know!!)
Old May 3rd 2004, 7:33 pm
Mrtravelkay

Marcia wrote:

> How many visa photos, total, will my fiance need to complete the whole
    > process of getting to the US?
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

As many as required. The consulate will tell you.
Consulates sometimes have different requirements.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.