Visa? No visa? Visa? No visa??

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

kaki83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa? No visa? Visa? No visa??

After getting a 221g denial after interview back in April 22, 2010 ( due to non-original Affidavit), sending in the new ORIGINAL September 8th, and finally getting a phone call to send in my passport for visa issuance October 12th.. I still find myself worried that this awful journey hasn't come to an end yet.

I sent in my passport October 12th, after being informed by the CO on the phone that I had been approved for the visa and that I had a maximum of 5 months to leave to the states.
I called DOS October 20th, because I still hadn't recieved the passport back. And I was told, that in thier system I was on Ap and had been asked to send in passport. AND that it stated that I wasnt approved yet...
Now my question is... is there a chance that the syncing between Jerusalem and DOS is only updated once the visa is actually stamped on the passport? That they only post "approved" after visa is actually on passport?
And also, how long until I get the passport back? One of my friends got the SAME call the SAME day after being in AP for a month and a half. They emailed him back telling him that passport with visa has been sent out.
SHould I be worried?? I mean, if they told me im approved, why should I think other wise?? I wasnt informed by the consulate here in any emails that I was on AP.
Thank u guys
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Visa? No visa? Visa? No visa??

anyone????
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 3:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaki83
anyone????
You are not approved until someone at the embassy deems you approvable. At that time, they will affix the visa into your passport and courier it back to you.

I would think that since they asked for your passport back, that they now want to affix the visa into it.

It's only been a little over a week since they asked for your passport back. I'd give it more time.

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick question:
Is there possibility of visa denial AFTER a person is asked to send in thier passport because thier visa has been approved??
Has this ever happened. I know AP is a possibility, but is denial at that point also possible?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible if new evidence is found that the applicant is deniable.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
It is possible if new evidence is found that the applicant is deniable.
sorry for my questions, but can you give me some reasons of deniable evidance?
i was asked to send in wedding ceremony pictures for proof of relationship after my interview. i dont have any criminal records or any ties to any terrorist orginizations.
after i sent in all they requested, they told me my visa was approved. im just curious to what exactly i could be denied for if they did change their decision. thank u