Visa interview, thanks

Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Soularis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa interview, thanks

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a few weeks as I'd been in the process of applying for an O-1 Visa.

Everything came through and I went for my interview at the embassy yesterday with my wife, went well and it was all approved.

Thought I'd post another experience of the embassy process as I found it useful to read the previous posts.

We arrived at the embassy at 7:45 for our 8am appointment, there was a fairly small queue at this point and we only stood outside for about 10 minutes. A few people still turned up with electronic devices despite plenty of warnings not to. They were still allowed in but had to place them in security boxes at the entrance to the embassy.

Once in we were given a number and had to wait for it to be called and go to the first stage. Our papers were checked and fingerprints taken. As a note at this point the consular official cut our photos down and stuck them to our 156 forms. (We got our US size 2"x2" photos from a Max Spielmann store, £4.99 each. They have an option on the kodak machines for US identitiy cards)

Again we waited for the next interview which took about 40 minutes. I was pretty nervous about this but the reality was much less painful than I thought it was going to be. A couple of questions about what work I'll be doing in the US (I'm in computer games) and that was pretty much it, over in a couple of minutes. We paid for the Secure passport delivery which we're told will take about 3 days. We should have them back by the end of the week.

In all we were in the embassy for about 2 hours.

Next stop California!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default Re: Visa interview, thanks

Hello

Glad to hear your visa process went well, can i ask how long the process before the interview went?
My hubbie is in the same line of work as you (computer games) and is having first talks with an immigration lawyer tonight.
We are hoping to move to San Francisco, Im hoping tonight we will have a clearer idea of how everything works, as Im still confused by all the different types of visa.
We were hoping to be out ther July/August time, but im starting to think this is now not a possibility
Thanks
PS: Good luck for the move
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:54 am
Just Joined

It depends what visa he goes for. If it's an O-1 then the bulk of the time was spent getting the application together. I had to supply a lot of supporting documents and background info. Copies of manuals of games I'd worked on and press interviews over the years. Also letters of reccomendation from previous employers and piers withing the industry.

It took me a couple of months to get all this together, but the actual visa application was very quick. Once they'd got the no objection letter from the associated union, it was literally about 5 days to get the approval. I believe the attornery used the fast tracking service to get it this quick.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

was the O-1 your only visa option?
My hubbie has just received investment and started a US compnay, the company is all set up and registered and he has a US business bank account.
So not sure how this affects his options.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

O-1 was the most suitable for me, I'm sure the attorney he speaks to will know a lot more than me.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, ill keep you posted!!