Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:09 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa Interview and medical Coming up. Any Tips and Advice

Originally Posted by Gary Hipperson
Thanks, Thats is helpful I have a really confusing letter that says to bring everything, even if they have already received it!
When I went for my embassy interview, the NVC 'lost' my original certificates and my Wifes I-864. Please cover yourself by taking copies with you. If the NVC have accepted and approved any document, the embassy will allow copies on the day if the NVC lose anything.

There is no harm in bringing too much information with you. If only to ease your mind
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shent

****My only words of advice though. The guy at the embassy googled me, and my Linkedin profile came up, which had me listed as living in the US already. He was not impressed & checked me to see if I'd been breaking any immigration laws by working out there. If you have any social networks, websites, blogs, etc. which may cause the CO to assume you've been doing something you shouldn't have, get rid of them prior to the interview. It may delay the processing of your visa and cause you a more headaches than you need to have****
This is really interesting. I had a cooking blog in America with my name on and such, didnt sell anything on it, it was just to review recipes but has me listed as US it think because i created it whilst there on my F1. Maybe I should try edit it. I also created a flickr account whilst in US to show family and friends all the pics i took whilst over there.

However I suppose if I was legally living there for 4 years, it might be understandable that I had things listed with my name on and US based.

I shall still go through and check just in case
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

shent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really nice

Originally Posted by britishspouse
This is really interesting. I had a cooking blog in America with my name on and such, didnt sell anything on it, it was just to review recipes but has me listed as US it think because i created it whilst there on my F1. Maybe I should try edit it. I also created a flickr account whilst in US to show family and friends all the pics i took whilst over there.

However I suppose if I was legally living there for 4 years, it might be understandable that I had things listed with my name on and US based.

I shall still go through and check just in case
I'm sure in your case you have nothing to worry about. After my experience of getting my visa, I just want to let people know ahead of time, not to give any ammunition to their CO by having things posted online which could be detrimental to their process. Big brother is always watching unfortunately.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shent
I'm sure in your case you have nothing to worry about. After my experience of getting my visa, I just want to let people know ahead of time, not to give any ammunition to their CO by having things posted online which could be detrimental to their process. Big brother is always watching unfortunately.
Lol indeed. Its just not something I would of thought that the CO's would do, but I suppose it makes sense. I mean the benefits people do it, check peoples facebooks to see if they post pics of themselves water skiing in st lucia etc lol :P
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have a really confusing letter that says to bring everything, even if they have already received it!
In what way is it confusing? It seems like a pretty clear instruction to me. If it says "bring everything" then that's what you should do.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gary Hipperson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In what way is it confusing? It seems like a pretty clear instruction to me. If it says "bring everything" then that's what you should do.

Ian
It says that to bring everything, but then it also says that they have received the documents, and they are accepted. So if they are accepted and received why do i need to take them. thats what confuses me.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It says that to bring everything, but then it also says that they have received the documents, and they are accepted. So if they are accepted and received why do i need to take them. thats what confuses me.
Just in case something gets lost in transition between NVC and the embassy.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So if they are accepted and received why do i need to take them. thats what confuses me.
Why are you trying to interpret their reason for asking? Take their instructions at face value and move on with life... you'll be much less confused.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!! i actually work on regent st so its perfect for me!
I had my photos taken at the photo place in Piccadilly Underground - think about £17 for 4
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
I had my photos taken at the photo place in Piccadilly Underground - think about £17 for 4
eek! expensive hehe :P