visa help

Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Amber33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa help

Hi
I am new to this site, and could really use some advice. I am here in the united kingdom with my fiance on a tourist visa. I have overstayed by two weeks now, due to circumstances that have changed since my arrival. During my stay, I have become pregnant, and we decided to try and get married, but the COA was refused due to me being on a tourist visa (not something we knew at the time) My visa expired while we were waiting to hear about the COA. Now from what I have gathered, you are given a 28 day clearance to leave the country using your own funds, and going voluntarily, and you will not be an overstayer? I fully intend to leave by the time the 28 days is up, and apply for a fiance visa back in the united states, but will this overstay (even though they say it is not an offense) go against my chances of getting a fiance visa approved?
And also, would it be easier to marry in the states (I heard he can come and marry on a tourist visa, as long as he returns to the UK?) and then apply for a spouse visa? Thank you for any and all advice, I am so confused.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:32 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: visa help

Originally Posted by Amber33
Hi
I am new to this site, and could really use some advice. I am here in the united kingdom with my fiance on a tourist visa. I have overstayed by two weeks now, due to circumstances that have changed since my arrival. During my stay, I have become pregnant, and we decided to try and get married, but the COA was refused due to me being on a tourist visa (not something we knew at the time) My visa expired while we were waiting to hear about the COA. Now from what I have gathered, you are given a 28 day clearance to leave the country using your own funds, and going voluntarily, and you will not be an overstayer? I fully intend to leave by the time the 28 days is up, and apply for a fiance visa back in the united states, but will this overstay (even though they say it is not an offense) go against my chances of getting a fiance visa approved?
And also, would it be easier to marry in the states (I heard he can come and marry on a tourist visa, as long as he returns to the UK?) and then apply for a spouse visa? Thank you for any and all advice, I am so confused.
I don't think you'll get any different answers to the ones you got here on uk-yankee.

The advice is good.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa help

I'm not sure about the visa chances....but I can tell you that your fiance better have a LOT of proof that he has no intention of staying in the US after you are married. US Immigration will be very wary of anyone coming into the country to marry without visa paperwork to stay in the country. When my DH (then he was my fiance) would visit me in the States before we were married, he always carried plenty of proof he would be returning to the UK after his visit.